Dogs/My Puppy eating a thin glass christmas ball ornament

My five month old Border Collie/mix "almost ate a very thin Glass Christmas Ball Ornament, which was apparently thrown across our neighbors fence into our backyard.  Had I not gotten to her in time, what could have happened? She eats everything, and I have to keep an eye on her every moment she's awake, and I'm very happy I saw this glass ball, and she started running for it, as it was glittering in the sun!  She probably thought, "Oh fun, what is this shiney thing?" Who knows!!!

Hi Patty,

Thank you for writing to me about the glass ornament that your puppy almost ate!

There was an angel watching over your puppy when that happened.  The glass could have cut up her insides and led to internal bleeding and the glass could also have broken into minute pieces, difficult to find.  YOu need to speak with your neighbor or put up a taller fence.  Set up a camera to see what's going on for the protection of your dog.

Best of luck.

Shelley Davis

Shelley Davis

Cageless Country Boarding, Holistic Health Concerns, Behavorial Concerns.

Crusader in the founding of Dog Runs in NYC Parks, instrumental in changing the law in NY State which allows Pet Facilitate Therapy into Acute Care Hospitals, accomplished artist and craftsperson, certified by Red Cross in pet first aid, pioneer in Children Reading To Dogs program in Ulster Co. NY, founder of Bed & Biscuit:Where Dogs Run Free,