Dogs/dog breed unknown

dog breed unknown
dog breed unknown  

dog breed unknown
dog breed unknown  
I would like to know if anyone can tell me what kind of Dog this is. I got him when he was a puppy. He was rescued on the side of a road.

Trying to figure out the dogs that went into a mixed breed is quite a crap shoot, particularly when the photos are sideways<grin>. Mixed breeds are rarely a combination of just two breeds. It might have been more helpful to see a standing sideview of the dog, but maybe not.

The ears are trying to be upright, it appears, and the head looks very much like that of a German Shepherd Dog to me. The coat looks shorter than that of a GSD, so possibly there is something there like a Labrador or maybe a Great Dane... definitely something with a shorter coat. Fawn-colored Danes can have a darker face such as your dog has, as can German Shepherds.  

Karen Brittan

I have been showing miniature schnauzers in conformation, obedience, and earthdog for forty years, and am a professional dog groomer. I am not a veterinarian and cannot answer questions of a veterinary nature. However, I can give my opinion or share some experiences on some health issues. Everyone should remember that this is a volunteer service, and few of us are up late into the night. Medical emergencies require a veterinary visit, or at least a telephone call... not an internet question which might not be viewed and answered until hours later. If your dog is sick or injured, it should be seen by a licensed professional for proper diagnosis and treatment.

I have taught obedience classes and have taught people how to groom for many years.

Learn more about me and my dogs:

Member of: American Miniature Schnauzer Club; Twin Cities Miniature Schnauzer Club; Twin Cities Obedience Training Club; Elk River Kennel Club; Minnesota Professional Pet Groomers Association; Greater Twin Cities Earthdog Club.

Fifty-one years of living with, observing, and training dogs, along with numerous seminars during that time.