Dogs/bringing two same age dogs together in one household

Question
My question for you is that I am currently considering rescuing a 2 year old pit bull that was used as a breeding dog. And at my residence I already own a 2 year old Catahoula/Rottweiler mix. My concern is I don't know if its a possible thing to do considering the aggressive nature of both breeds. Im just at a lost on whether or not I should try or not.

Answer
Hello Amanda,
If you have one male and one female, you will probably be okay.  However if they are both of the same sex, DONOT  put them together.  I have dogs that fight if I am not their to control them.  I keep them separated when I am not there to be the alpha.  Even though I am a trainer and have control of my dogs, it is a constant testing situation and I would not recommend it if you are not a strong "boss type"  personality that has no fear.  I lost the end of my finger breaking up a fight about six years ago, so beware.
nancy

Dogs

Nancy Perry