Dogs/2 Female Eskies

Question
We have 2 littermate 12 year old Eskies, 1 female and 1 male.  My 12 year old female Eskie is Alpha. We rescued a 3 year old female Eskie a few months ago. Over the past few months the 3 year old has been mounting the 12 year old female and both will not back down.  They have been getting into fights and the 3 year old will start growling to get attention from the 12 year old.  We have tried to keep them separated but it has been difficult to do. We feed them in separate rooms and they get along most of the time, but when it is time to go outside after meals I let the 3 year old outside first and she will bark at the sliding door aggressively to get the 12 year old and the 12 year old will do the same.  

We are not sure what to do.  Never have had this kind of situation before.  Any suggestions would help.

Answer
Sue,  two females in some breeds, like Eskies,  are not going to get along.  You need to find a home for the young one or you will be looking at enormous vet bills when they get serious about fighting and one could kill the other.
In the mean time, if they growl at each other put them both in a down position and lay them on their side until they submit and calm down.  Unless you are an extremly Alpha person you will not be able to handle these animals. You can also try a professional dog trainer, but make sure he is familiar with the breed and has trained them.  The thing that makes it even harder for you is that the 3 year old has no history with you.   
nancy

Dogs

Nancy Perry