Dogs/Abby

Question
Abby
Abby  

Abby
Abby  
what breed of dog do you think my dog Abby is (Abby is the white one on the couch)
         Thanks

Answer

Hi Gabe,

It's really impossible to say for sure what breed any mixed breed of dog is descended from. If Abby's parents and grandparents were also mixed breeds, she's be a long way from any singular dog breed.

By her size, coat type, and ear shape Abby might have some Northern-breed (Norrbottenspets), or Spitz in her bloodline. Spitz-type dogs are the primary dog type of the Arctic and northern parts of the world.

To know for sure, you can do a simple home cheek swab sampling DNA test on Abby, and find out exactly what her lineage is. These tests are usually very accurate, but if a dog is a mixed breed that comes from a long line of mixed breeds (with each breed as a small contribution to the total), then the breed test may be unable to identify most or all of the breeds contributing to the dog. These tests are priced from about $60 and up.
Here are a couple of dog DNA test kits you might like to look into:

http://www.wisdompanel.com

http://www.akc.org/dna/test-kits/

Whatever her breed heritage, you can be sure that Abby is 100% unique and wonderful, which is all that really matters.

I hope I've been a help.
Best of luck,

Patti

Dogs

Patti