Dogs/puppy question

just wondering if you ever experienced a fracture in a 7 month old pup. we are going through this now, we did seek vet care and we still are doing weekly bandage changes.
just wondering if you ever had to deal with this?

Hi Tara,

Though I've never had a dog that had a fracture, but I could answer a question you might have.

It's good you're doing the bandage changes as your vet directed. It's important to monitor the the wound beneath the bandage for signs of infection.  Keep the bandage clean and dry, check that the bandage does not slip or become too tight.  Also check for any discharges or foul smell.

Feel free to get back to me if you have any questions or concerns, though it's best to contact your vet's office with serious concerns.

To date, I've owned 7 dogs, all of which have lived into old age. Having cared for them in all stages of life, I feel I can offer sound advice to other pet owners, and people considering getting a dog. I am knowledgeable about the AKC (American Kennel Club) dog breeds, training and exercise, caring for sick and elderly pets, feeding, as well as many holistic treatments pets can benefit from. My only request is that you write me using standard English and punctuation.

My life experience in this field is more like "on the job training" rather than an actual degree in animal welfare. You may benefit from my experiences over the past 30 years. Aside from the dogs I've owned, I'm also involved in "breed rescue" and have fostered several dogs, all of which have been adopted to wonderful "forever homes". I find helping people who want a dog very rewarding.

Real life experience, based on over 30 years of dog ownership.