Dogs/puppy question

Question
hello:
just wondering if you ever experienced a fracture in a 7 month old pup. we are going through this now, we did seek vet care and we still are doing weekly bandage changes.
just wondering if you ever had to deal with this?

Answer

Hi Tara,

Though I've never had a dog that had a fracture, but I could answer a question you might have.

It's good you're doing the bandage changes as your vet directed. It's important to monitor the the wound beneath the bandage for signs of infection.  Keep the bandage clean and dry, check that the bandage does not slip or become too tight.  Also check for any discharges or foul smell.

Feel free to get back to me if you have any questions or concerns, though it's best to contact your vet's office with serious concerns.

Patti

Dogs

Patti