Dogs/Service dogs

Question
Is it possible to obtain a service dog for someone with Tourettees.  If so how?  I am diagnosed by a neuro with that movement disorder.

Answer
Each program has their own requirements and which types of disabilities they train dogs for.  Although, I have not heard of any training to mitigate Tourettes.  You can find programs in your area by going to Assistance Dog International and doing a program search.  Good luck.

Dogs

Lynn Houston

I have had a service dog since 1988. I do numerous presentations a year to schools, businesses, local clubs and other organizations regarding regarding SDs and through a small non profit I own, provide information and referral.

There is no formal training for service dog education. I have 20 yrs of hands on experience and a necessity to learn the laws that apply to myself and my service dog.