Dogs/Fever in Pets.

Question
Dear Nancy

Can we check and measure the Body Temperature in Pets viz dog, cat, Horse etc with a thermometer?.

Similar to Human Body Temperature exceeding 104 Fahrenheit which could be fatal, What will be the maximum Temperature which if exceeds could be fatal for pets?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hi,  I only know about dogs.  I do know that their normal temperature is between 101 and 102.  At 105 a dog will suffer hyperthermia and after than there would be a fatality.  This is more a vet question, but I feel confident in my answer to this point.  If you want a comparisons you will have to go to one of the vet experts.
nancy

Dogs

Nancy Perry