Dogs/My lphasa apsa

Question
Only in the last 6 months she started getting this black tarish looking stuff around her eyes just wondering what can be causing it,now she is on medication for her heart and kidneys and also on spcial kidney diet I would really apprciate your help in this matter Thank you

Answer
Hi David,  This is really a vet question, so you need to check with your vet.   But it could be one of the following:

my first guess would be dry eye
second   conjunctivitis
my third would be an eye infections of another type.  

Without being able to test or see the eyes it is impossible to give you an accurate answer, but you might want to ask your vet if it is any of the above.

nancy

Dogs

Nancy Perry