Dogs/sleep meds for dogs

Hi, I work in China and there are no vets in my area.  A stray dog maybe 5 Kg. at work has barbed wire wrapped around it's leg and is in a lot of pain.  Is it Ok to give the dog a small dose of Ambien so it will sleep and I can take the wire off.  It will eventually die from infection if this is not done.  

Please respond ASAP as I only have a short time to help it.

Sorry to hear about this but glad you are trying to help him.

This is a medical question and we need to find an online vet to ask him the best method to deal with this.

I searched for "ask a vet online free" and found several sites. Try to go on a couple and ask how to handle this.

Here is one site:

And one you might be able to call and talk to someone:

I would be very careful as to what you give him. Many human meds are poisonous for dogs. Maybe also search for an emergency vet that you can call.

I wish I could do more but you need to speak with a vet.

Let me know if I can do anything else.

Roger McLeskey

Can answer all nutritional information for all dogs. Common problems with food, supplements, weight control, allergies, fleas, etc. Questions regarding raw food, homemade food, skin & coat issues, ect. Can't and/or will not do medicinal type questions that the vet takes care of.

I am certified in Dog Nutrition. Over 6 years now I've owned a natural pet food retail store. I've worked with hundreds of dogs and there owners to achieve better health. We promote a healthy balanced species related diet. This is the way nature made your pet to thrive. Fortunately for those who cannot or wish not to feed a raw based diet, there are alternatives with supplements and cooked food. Just don't let processed food be there only diet. Food is the most powerful medicine. Heal the core of the animal and the rest will take care of itself. We've turned the lives of many dogs around. There parents come back into the store and comment to us on how there dog acts like a real dog again. Our business is thriving and we continue to help many.

We work with Second Chance Companions, Must Love Dogs, members of ASPCA, HSUSA and started our own personal "Red Head Rescue" (non chartered) for stray dogs and rescue dogs from high kill shelters. We've been able to heal the many health ailments these dogs have and place them in good homes.

Dog Food Decoded - How To Choose A Health Diet For Your Dog and Your Budget - Available on Amazon in Kindle format or Paperback. Various articles for in store and web.

Certified - Canine Nutrition Level Three. Last 7 years I've been working with veterinarians, holistic veterinarians, attending seminars and best of all, real life experience with hundreds of customer dogs and cats. I've seen what works and does not work. Feeding a proper species appropriate diet works for most ailments. We've taken away our petís natural diet and caused most of todayís problems.

Many satisfied pet owners coming to our store for nutritional help and advice.