Dogs/puppy pads & no longer sleeping with me

1. My dog is a 4 yr old rat terrior mix,
can she is trained to go outside, can I train her for puppy pads also? If so, how?

2. My dog used to sleep with me in bed, I started dating this guy, that moved in & now she won't even get bed with us? Why?

Hi,  Yes you can train for both. Get the puppy pads that have the urine scent in it.  when she goes out side say "Good Potty" or something that you are comfortable with, Give going to the bathroom, a word.  Praise her when she goes.  Then get her the pads with the scent and tell her "good Potty".  Put her in a confined area without a rug, but only the pads.  She should go on the pads.  
She obviously does not feel comfortable with your boyfriend.  They know when someone likes them or not.

Nancy Perry

You can ask me anything on dog training, dog breeding, dog grooming. What type of dog you should get. Pertinent facts about different breeds. I am also specifically knowledgeable about terriers and the diets that help maintain coat excellence. I have trained and helped owners train their dogs.

I have worked in dog training for 35 years. I have been a dog groomer for 25 years..

Certified trainer with Petsmart Certified Groomer with Petsmart

approximatedly 2 to three hundred clients since 1993