Dogs/Sick Shih Tzu puppy

Question
My puppy is 4 months old and has now vomited a couple times,is lethargic and is not eating/drinking as normal. What could it be? I am very worried.

Answer
Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for contacting me about your sick puppy.  This could possibly be early stage Parvo, a life threatening illness that takes the lives of puppies in a very short time if not treated and even then it could be touch and go.  There are other things it could be but puppies are prone to Parvo.  I have no background information on your puppy regarding vaccinations etc but when a 4 month old puppy isn't eating and especially not drinking, this is a very bad sign.  A small dog who is not drinking can easily become dehydrated.  If you have some Coconut water or Pedialyte, put a teeny bit into his mouth and then rush your dog to emergency.  Many vets have emergency phone numbers.

Does your dog have diarrhea along with vomiting?

http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/parvo-parvovirus-dogs

Sending wishes for the very best healing.

Shelley Davis

Dogs

Shelley Davis