Dogs/would u identify this breed (or mix) for me?

Could you please identify this breed for me? Or is it a mix?

Hi Gregory,

It's hard to tell from the picture you provided, you can't really judge the dog's size or shape of it's tail, or see it's coat very well in this picture. It could also be that the dog in the picture is a mixed breed, so it wouldn't look exactly like any purebred dog. That said, the dog in the picture may be an Australian Sheep Dog. There is also a breed called the Miniature Australian Shepherd, which I'm not sure is a breed that's recognized by the American Kennel Club.

You can see additional images of the Australian Sheep Dog breed here:

The only way to know with any certainty what breed - or breeds of dog is in your dog's heritage, is to do a simple home DNA test on him/her.  There are companies specializing in dog DNA testing, you can find them online or find a home DNA test kit at larger pet stores. Test kits are priced from $60 and up.

I hope I've been a help.
Best of luck,

To date, I've owned 7 dogs, all of which have lived into old age. Having cared for them in all stages of life, I feel I can offer sound advice to other pet owners, and people considering getting a dog. I am knowledgeable about the AKC (American Kennel Club) dog breeds, training and exercise, caring for sick and elderly pets, feeding, as well as many holistic treatments pets can benefit from. My only request is that you write me using standard English and punctuation.

My life experience in this field is more like "on the job training" rather than an actual degree in animal welfare. You may benefit from my experiences over the past 30 years. Aside from the dogs I've owned, I'm also involved in "breed rescue" and have fostered several dogs, all of which have been adopted to wonderful "forever homes". I find helping people who want a dog very rewarding.

Real life experience, based on over 30 years of dog ownership.