Dogs/Questions Answered by Expert Roger McLeskey

SubjectDate Asked
Yeast growth3/2/2017
  Q: I have a one year old Lab/Pit mix. He has been having some skin and coat issues. His skin seems ...
  A: Carbs and sugar feed yeast growth. You need to eliminate these from his diet. Most all commercial ...
Quick QUESTION?10/9/2016
  Q: Hey Roger You have been so helpful... We have recently noticed Lulu has some ear problems as well ...
  A: More than likely it is from the yeast infection. Ear crusting/dark pink bumps and smells are a ...
Miniature poodle with sking irritation10/7/2016
  Q: Its a red rash in between her arms and legs all the way up to her neck which iturna black in color ...
  A: I wish you would have told me what type and brand of food she is on. That makes all the difference ...
Bloodhound & severe recurring skin issues8/3/2016
  Q: I just came across a question & answer from you dated 7/22/2010. Couldn't have come at a better ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having so many issues all her life. That's tough on the little girl. I'm glad ...
dog7/11/2016
  Q: ROGER WE'VE TALKED BEFORE YOU WERE EXTREMLY HELPFIL--MY DOG IS SHITSO MIX AND WE KEEP HIM WITH ...
  A: glad to hear from you again. It sounds like some dry, flaky skin and/or dandruff. If you are not ...
pit bulls6/26/2016
  Q: We live in the suburbs. Our neighbor's dog died and he tells me he is replacing it with a pit bull. ...
  A: This is not my area of expertise on this forum but I'll give you my take on it. There are many more ...
flea allergy medicine6/22/2016
  Q: I have a rottweiller with a flea allergy and i would like to know the best product to treat this, ...
  A: Depending on the severity of the flea problem should determine how you treat it. A couple of fleas ...
sleep meds for dogs5/22/2016
  Q: I work in China and there are no vets in my area. A stray dog maybe 5 Kg. at work has barbed wire ...
  A: David, Sorry to hear about this but glad you are trying to help him. This is a medical question ...
Senior Chihuahua5/18/2016
  Q: I have a senior chihuahua who is 10 years old. I'm honestly not sure what I should feed him ...
  A: As dogs grow older, they DO NOT need less protein, they actually need more, higher quality protein ...
dog suffering from swollen elbow3/5/2016
  Q: I am Roberts from INDIA. I have a 15 year old neutered dog. He's suffering from HYGROMA(swollen ...
  A: I've never dealt with a dog with Hygroma before. If your poultice works for your horse, I would ...
dog has skin yeast infection2/21/2016
  Q: My 13 year old Wire Fox terrier was just diagnosed with a skin bacterial yeast infection 2 weeks ...
  A: Sounds like you are doing a lot of good things for her. I'll go over a few things I've learned over ...
Dogs nutrition1/28/2016
  Q: I seem to have had several pieces of conflicting information from friends regarding dogs nutrition. ...
  A: Dogs have been eating RAW animal bones for as long as they have existed. When you think of nutrition ...
Maltese vomit and loss of appetite1/25/2016
  Q: My name is Nancy and I have 9 month old male Maltese Gizmo , he's been healthy till 4 days ago. I ...
  A: Usually when a dog is hurting from something, they tend not to eat much. The dog's digestive system ...
Yeasty dogs12/5/2015
  Q: My 10 year old black German Shepard has suffered for years with severe yeast infection. It has been ...
  A: I feel for your situation and I'm sorry you have to go through it. I can try and make a couple ...
lemongrass oil10/3/2015
  Q: Can you tell me if lemongrass oil is toxic for dogs? I want to put some in a homemade oatmeal ...
  A: Although I've never tried lemongrass oil in any combination on a dog, I have heard that it does help ...
Bouvier itchy skin9/27/2015
  Q: Maxi is a 3.5 year old bouvier, about 70 lbs. We feed her, and our 2 shih tzus, purina one, lamb. ...
  A: Let's see if we can go over a few things that may help. Thanks for providing a complete list of ...
Tank9/18/2015
  Q: Hey Roger, just a few more questions to make sure I've got all this down before I begin. First, we ...
  A: Good morning Colleen, Yes, I believe the treated water can react to his sensitive skin. That would ...
Severe allergies and have not been using big company brands for 2 years!!!!9/17/2015
  Q: McLeskey, I am writing you as a last resort. We honestly don't know what else to do. We have a male ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having so many issues with your baby. Also sounds like you ave tried almost ...
POLLO9/16/2015
  Q: roger I'm back with a short question--Pollo has been doing great thanks to yo I now need to know ...
  A: Glad to hear everything is going fine for the moment. Of course that's the way it is with our dogs, ...
dog allergies8/14/2015
  Q: Roger--my recued dog a shisue mixed is 23lbs and 5yrs old. we've had him 3 yrs and in the past 6 to ...
  A: Something has obviously changed. This type of behavior is consistent with some type of allergy. ...
dog low fat diet6/15/2015
  Q: Ive got a 15 year old dog. Who recently has started being sick after drinking water. I am going to ...
  A: That action could be a lot of things. Acid reflux or Gastroesophageal reflux could definitely be a ...
High Protein Levels6/15/2015
  Q: Roger - My 10-year old boxer had a senior urine check test performed because she has lost weight ...
  A: Good to hear from you again but sorry under the circumstances. Kidney disease seems to be getting a ...
DULL COAT, NOT EATING, DANDRUFF, GETTING SLIM5/9/2015
  Q: I am from a village in Jharkhand India, as there is no proper Vet available in my village. I require ...
  A: I feel for your problem and will try to help you all I can. The products you mention from your ...
pit bull puppy5/8/2015
  Q: My pit bull was stolen when she was pregnant and she was returned n 05-07-2015 she had 12 was told ...
  A: You need to feed him right away if its been a while. You can go to the pet store and buy puppy ...
pit bull litter4/28/2015
  Q: My pit Leena recently had her first litter, 5 healthy males. My question is at what point are the ...
  A: Typically puppies are weaned anywhere from 4 to 9 weeks. If it were me, I would leave them on ...
Veggie treats for dog on Urinary SO diet4/24/2015
  Q: My 10 year old Shih Tzu has recently had major surgery to remove bladder stones. His prescribed diet ...
  A: Sorry your dog has to go on this diet. We've seen it many times. Vets push these foods for various ...
Allergies3/3/2015
  Q: I have a 9 year old poodle/terrier mix. I had him tested do to continual stomach issues for years, ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having so many issues. Very typical these days as most commercial dog foods ...
Nutritional food and Training treats for Min Pins2/7/2015
  Q: Roger, I have Owen Min Pins for 32 years. Lost my last baby due to old age in October. My vet gave a ...
  A: I will be happy to provide some information and you can take it from there. Firstly, what has been ...
Regurgitation1/12/2015
  Q: My dog (Abby) regurgitates a lot and I was wondering if that is bad for her, because I herd it was ...
  A: Hey Gabe, Some regurgitation is normal every once in a while. But if she is doing this often, then ...
vomiting-upset stomach1/3/2015
  Q: my dog has an upset stomach threw up I think she has an upset stomach. is it ok to give her maximum ...
  A: We use a product made for dogs from Apawthercary from Animal Essentials that is a ginger mint combo. ...
dog itching12/16/2014
  Q: I have two dogs. One is a shiz tzu and one is a small breed mix. Both have allergies. The shiz tzu ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having so many issues. Let's try to take control of it and give them some ...
liver supplements12/8/2014
  Q: is there any food or supplement that supports/improves liver function in dogs? -thanks
  A: Hey Jon, Milk Thistle is one of the best supplements for aiding and cleansing the liver for both ...
Lhasp Apso itching and chewing11/6/2014
  Q: My 12 year Lhasa apso has had medical issues in the past but lately he has been doing ok. My dog ...
  A: Dogs can suffer from various allergic reactions and each one typically causes the symptoms you are ...
Nutrition for Panosteitis-Thanks in advance!11/4/2014
  Q: My 1 year old German Shepherd just got diagnosed with Panosteitis, which showed up in his right rear ...
  A: I haven't heard of this before so I did look it up. It does sound painful. I can't ethically tell ...
Feeding9/1/2014
  Q: I currently feed my dogs three times a day because I was told that it is better for their digestive ...
  A: We feed our dogs twice a day, at breakfast and dinner time. Some people feed only once a day. But ...
Diarrhea problems with Trixie7/23/2014
  Q: Roger- Trixie has been having bouts of diarrhea and I was wondering if there was an easy way to ...
  A: Sorry to hear about your recent issues. Let's go over a few things and see what we can find. First, ...
skin problems7/15/2014
  Q: I have a mix Shiar Pai (excuse spelling)anyway he is a big wrinkly dog.He started having skin ...
  A: Hey Pat, Let's see if we can address a few things and go over some alternatives. First, if it's a ...
Boxer Dandruff7/8/2014
  Q: Roger - I have spoken to you many times in the past about my boxer, Trixie. I recently changed her ...
  A: Glad to hear from you again. Sounds like you are taking excellent care of Trixie, she's a lucky ...
Siberian Husky7/5/2014
  Q: I adopted a 6 years old male Siberian Husky in 2012. He has a perianal tumour that a vet left ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having so many issues with your dog. This can be very troubling and costly. ...
Skin/ hair issues6/27/2014
  Q: I happened upon your site after researching my dogs skin rashes and hair loss. My red lab is just ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having such problems, but I'm glad you are taking the time to do the research ...
What to give my dog to produce more milk?6/14/2014
  Q: I was wondering what to give my mini dachshund to help her produce more milk. She had 3 puppies on ...
  A: Hey Mark, This is not my specialty with mothers milk, but I'll try to give a couple of pointers. ...
Talking dogs5/2/2014
  Q: Do you know if dogs can talk/communicate with us?
  A: This is not my specialty on this forum. This is a good question for an animal behaviorist or an ...
Introducing Treats4/9/2014
  Q: Roger - I know that your expertise is mostly on nutrition but I was wondering what your take would ...
  A: Sure I remember you guys. Hope all is going well with the diet. The bully stick aggression is a ...
Ingested large piece of rawhide3/22/2014
  Q: My 12lb shih-tzu just ingested a rather large piece of rawhide (the size of a playing card), she is ...
  A: Yes, I would be concerned. There are a couple of different types of rawhide. Some are made of whole ...
Homemade diet-dirt eating dirt3/20/2014
  Q: My dog has been on a diet prepared by a vet nutritionalist about 1/12 years ago. It was tweaked ...
  A: Unless you didn't include it on your list, I'm not seeing any calcium source. A dog's natural diet ...
Zignature Dry Grain Free Dog Food3/17/2014
  Q: Roger - I have asked you questions in the past and you have been so helpful. I was wondering what ...
  A: Not familiar with the Zignature line but I looked it up and it does sound like a good food. But as ...
dog seperation anxiety3/4/2014
  Q: McLeskey I rescued a 1 yr old male (neutered) American bulldog/pitbull mix about 7 months ago from ...
  A: First, I think it is so great that you rescued him and probably from a horrible fate. But to leave ...
feeding2/17/2014
  Q: I have 2 year old shih-poo who at this time is eating wet food. I am concern that she may be getting ...
  A: I would never recommend anyone to switch to a dry food diet. This is by far the worst diet a dog can ...
German Shepherd2/6/2014
  Q: My son has a 1 yr old male german shepherd.What is the proper amount of dry dog food to give him ...
  A: I appreciate that you are reaching out and asking about food for your sons shepherd. This, by far is ...
Great Pyrenees1/27/2014
  Q: we have a 4 week old Great Pyrenees puppy, she is starting to eat canned soft food. and i just have ...
  A: Work with your vet for her shots. She will need all the standard vaccinations. She will need the ...
What should be the feeding schedule for in and after 9 weeks old German Shepherd Puppy?12/1/2013
  Q: What should be the feeding schedule for in and after 9 weeks old male German Shepherd Puppy? I have ...
  A: Typically you would feed 3 times a day at least. You can feed chicken and liver as part of his ...
Dogs11/29/2013
  Q: My80 year old brother lives rent free in my home in St. Louis, Mo and is allowing his two big dogs ...
  A: NO, you are NOT wrong to demand that this practice stop. It is your house, your rules. The dogs ...
aspirin allergy11/27/2013
  Q: Long story short, I have an 18 month old foxhound mix named Camo. He is about 65 pounds. He has ...
  A: I've never heard of any dog having such a reaction to aspirin. It must have been something he got ...
my dog10/26/2013
  Q: my name is Jean, I need help, my dog got away home and came back after three days, I do not know ...
  A: Keep in mind, this is really a veterinarian question and I'm not a vet. But I'll try to give you any ...
Cranberry & probiotic support10/17/2013
  Q: I have a 4 mo. Old Beagle with an inverted vulva. She's experiencing her 2nd UTI. I've read that ...
  A: I'm glad you are coming forward and asking questions about nutrition. Most people don't give it a ...
water consumption9/30/2013
  Q: Our nine-year old fox terrier is experiencing a change in his water drinking habits. We have ...
  A: Hey David, To me it is always a concern when a dog changes such habits after all this time. Kidney ...
Rottweiler health9/6/2013
  Q: and your response is appreciated. I own a Rottweiler. She is pure bred, although admittedly she is ...
  A: The most plausible cause to me would be a UTI. It could possibly be diabetes as well. Although not ...
Allergies ,scratching9/1/2013
  Q: Was wondering your advice on best antihistamine to use for itching,I have 4 year old male cavalier ...
  A: You state he scratches all the time on comfort is for fleas. I'm sorry, that don't make any sense to ...
Killing fleas in carpets.8/25/2013
  Q: I found recipe for killing fleas in the carpet using epsom salt and pennyroyal oil. It says to ...
  A: I've never heard of using epsom salt and pennyroyal oil. It may work, I don't know, just don't know ...
To many fleas8/18/2013
  Q: We have three inside dogs. Recently we've become overwhelmed by fleas. What's the best and fasted ...
  A: We typically do not like chemical flea treatments but when you have an infestation, it can become ...
Golden Retriver, scratching, biting, probably some type of allergy8/12/2013
  Q: Sir, Golden Retriever is about 10 1/2 years old. His back side is all bare from scratching and ...
  A: Sorry to hear you're having so many issues. It's painful to watch your dog suffer like that, I know! ...
nails trimmed8/6/2013
  Q: I have a 6 lb Yorkie that is a rescue, we've had her about a year, and the vet thinks she's about 3 ...
  A: I feel for your problem as many dogs experience this. This is really an animal behaviorist ...
dogs eating poop, food allergies7/31/2013
  Q: Both our 1 year old chihuahuas have food allergies that cause them to lick their paws excessively, ...
  A: Not sure if anyone really knows the answer as to why some dogs eat poop. Some say it's a lack of ...
Weight Control7/21/2013
  Q: We have a female Lab 4 years old and a male Golden Retriever 3 years old. The Lab's weight is 60/65 ...
  A: Hey David, Weight control is a popular problem with many dogs today. There are obviously two ways ...
Rotti puppy, constant scratching and UTI7/15/2013
  Q: My Rotti is now 16 wks and has had UTI since I got her at 8wks. She has also been scratching, ...
  A: Typically we don't see too many food allergies in such young puppies. But, when the parents are fed ...
rice in dogs diet6/27/2013
  Q: I have 5 Basset Hounds. Purchased our first in June 2008. From the time we got her her diet ...
  A: I applaud your efforts to feed a good diet for your dogs. It's a lot of work to keep up with it but ...
dog/ trembling and shaking in the front legs6/23/2013
  Q: Roger McLeskey, Our dog, Ginny, is a female mixed breed. We are fairly positive that she is part ...
  A: I'm sorry that you and Ginny has to go through so much. Let's try to help you get a better look at ...
Skin and Coat Issue6/20/2013
  Q: I realize from your bio that you are not a vet and do not answer medical questions, but I would ...
  A: Hey Mike, More than likely it would be from the fleas. A flea allergy or just being bit allot can ...
natrual flea and tick repellant6/3/2013
  Q: I wanted to know what ingredients such as lemongrass that are edible could be used to repel fleas ...
  A: Many companies use garlic in there editable flea treats/foods. Too much is not good so I would look ...
Over weight Brittany spaniel5/24/2013
  Q: I have had dogs all my life I now have a Brittany spaniel 7 years old and can't get her weight ...
  A: Weight control is an issue with many people. It's tough to look at them while they are wanting more ...
Thuja & Calcarea Carbonica for dog warts5/18/2013
  Q: I read the post about giving Thuja and/or Calcarea Carbonica for dog warts. It said to give one ...
  A: I'm afraid I've had no experience with Thuja or Calcarea Carbonica. But here is a website where they ...
about my dog5/13/2013
  Q: i just bought a puppy today ,they told me he was a chihuahua but i think he could be mixed? He looks ...
  A: He does look chihuahua but we've seen them mixed with so many other dogs. One of the people in a ...
drying bones for dogs5/5/2013
  Q: I was wondering how to dry bones for my dog because a fresh cooked bone he always seems to throw up ...
  A: Warren, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with drying bones for dogs. We feed raw bones to our dogs. We ...
allergic dog.5/1/2013
  Q: This is continuing from my previous email, a few minutes ago. In case my dog is allergic to dust ...
  A: It is possible that he has other types of allergies. If you can purchase some Borax laundry soap in ...
dog allergies and food.5/1/2013
  Q: I believe my 3 yr. old Shep/hound mix dog is allergic to his food. I changed from Beneful when he ...
  A: I think I just answered your other question. Only this time it looks like you are mentioning name ...
dog allergy5/1/2013
  Q: My 54 pound mixed-bred Shep/Hound dog, 3 yrs. old, has been allergic to something for most of his ...
  A: Sorry for you and your pup to have to go through this. Let's see if we can figure out a couple of ...
please help!!4/24/2013
  Q: . I'm very worried bout my pitbull puppy his about 5mnths old and has no appetite at all and loosing ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having problems getting your pup to eat. You didn't mention what kind of ...
Chihuhua help4/20/2013
  Q: I have a Chihuahua X papillion mix, she is 6lbs and almost 4 years old. Currently, feeding her is a ...
  A: Balance is the key thing to any diet. The puppy food is a higher protein and of course the chicken ...
crusty nose and boogers4/17/2013
  Q: She is having a tough time breathing cause the boogers r dry and so is her nose not running just dry ...
  A: First of all, I have to recommend you see a vet to make sure there are no underlying causes. ...
fleas/worm medicine3/14/2013
  Q: my puppy corgi is taking ComboGuard monthly to prevent fleas/heartworms/etc. I typically don't like ...
  A: You're right about the chemical treatments being hard on dogs. It don't matter what the ...
oxalate crystals in urine3/14/2013
  Q: My 12 year old beagle was just diagnosed with oxalate crystals in his urine. I don't like nor trust ...
  A: We've always believed and practice a raw food diet for our dogs (including three beagles). This ...
feed my corgi3/11/2013
  Q: i'm wondering if it's good to feed my 7 months corgi once/twice a week of raw meat then most days ...
  A: The best diet for any dog is the raw food diet. This is the way nature intended them to eat and ...
Dog with enlarged heart3/8/2013
  Q: We have an 'almost' 8 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who I had to take to the emergency ...
  A: Sorry to hear about your pup. I don't know what you were on but going to any kind of Science Diet, ...
Raw food diet and auto immune disease3/5/2013
  Q: I recently took my 3 year old border collie/ terrier mix to the vet because I felt he looked really ...
  A: It's very concerning to me but not surprising that the vet didn't find out what's wrong and suggest ...
Zoe2/26/2013
  Q: I've been trying to see how I can afford to get the organ meat and bone into Zoes diet. She has ...
  A: Yes, egg shells are a very good calcium supplement for dogs. I would bake them at a low temp for a ...
Cally2/24/2013
  Q: My Springer Spaniel becomes very anxious when i need to leave her in the house on her own (doctors ...
  A: Separation anxiety is a very common problem for many people and their dogs. They are pack animals ...
Extrememly Excessive Shedding2/20/2013
  Q: I got a Hound puppy in September who is 8 months old now. His name is Camo and I just have a few ...
  A: Hard to say what might be in him. He looks like he may have some Grey Hound in his legs, face and ...
Strange Wet Spots2/12/2013
  Q: I have noticed wet spots on the bed and couch where my dog has been laying. I have no idea what it ...
  A: This seems to happen to girls who may have been spayed at an early age. Diet can play a role in this ...
Uncomfortable after eating2/11/2013
  Q: My two year old flatcoat has been on the raw food diet since joining us at 8 weeks old. He looks fit ...
  A: I think it's fantastic that you started him on the raw food diet so young. This will go a long ways ...
Blue healer border collie mix2/10/2013
  Q: I just got a blue healer border collie mix puppy. I was wondering what brand of dog food should I ...
  A: Congratulations on the new pup. And especially about researching what's best to feed. That will go a ...
10.5 year old Sheltie with odor and skin problems2/4/2013
  Q: I just read your response to an email about yeast in dogs. You listed several good name brand ...
  A: Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I've been hit by a cold and was down for a couple days. ...
itchy, flakey skin and hairloss2/1/2013
  Q: My Border Collie Lab mix has flakey skin which is causing itching and hair loss on her back side, ...
  A: As long as you've had her in for skin test and they come back negative, we can concentrate on her ...
cheese smell1/31/2013
  Q: I have a sheetsu* and she has developed a rash along with a rash that smells like cheese, she is ...
  A: Have you had her checked by a vet? It's possible she has an infection and/or an infestation. Both ...
3 pound pomeramian1/31/2013
  Q: eat cook ham bone now throw up gave her bath in flie dip she still throw up laying around dosent ...
  A: Ed, She could have bad stomach upset from ham bone. Make sure she is drinking plenty of water or ...
Allergies?1/24/2013
  Q: I have an 8-month-old rottweiler puppy that is healthy in all aspects except that he is scratching ...
  A: That helps me a lot to make any suggestions. Being only 8 months old, we rarely see food allergies ...
rescue poodle mix1/18/2013
  Q: We just got brought our new poodle mix dog yesterday. He has been urinating but has not had a BM. I ...
  A: It sounds to me like he has just been through a lot lately and is scared, possibly in pain from the ...
digestive problem1/15/2013
  Q: I have a 7 month old puppy who's part beagle and cocker spaniel. All his life he's been having ...
  A: Mercedes, You mention that you put him on "special dry food from Petco" but didn't tell me what ...
my dog keeps licking her legs1/13/2013
  Q: First off I just want to thank you for all your advice. I read the article where you recommended the ...
  A: I would make sure she is getting all grain free foods and even avoid the rice. If she is that ...
french bulldog - inverted vulva?1/13/2013
  Q: My 4 1/2 month old french bulldog puppy, Penny, has been scooting around in circles the last couple ...
  A: First of all, I'm not a vet and this is a medical question. You would be better off finding a vet or ...
dogs yeast infection1/9/2013
  Q: Roger I just read what you wrote about this subject to someone else, and it was so helpful. My ...
  A: You've done well to take it upon yourself to do research. That's so much more than most will attempt ...
3 better than 21/7/2013
  Q: I have a multi-part question I am hoping you can provide insight on. A little background first. We ...
  A: This is really a behavioral question and my specialty on this forum is animal nutrition. You may be ...
pug skin problems1/6/2013
  Q: I really appreciate it. My 3 yr old pug, Prissy has been itching almost constantly for 2 years and ...
  A: With the foul smell and constant itching, it sounds like she may have Candidiasis or better known as ...
dutch sheperd 8 wks underweight1/4/2013
  Q: I bought a male dutch sheperd off a family who breeds at a little over 6 weeks and will be turning 8 ...
  A: The best thing to do is add more food. Of course a raw food diet is far superior to anything else, ...
5 month old German Shepherd ears12/30/2012
  Q: I was wondering if you could help answer a question about my puppies ears. She is 5 months old ...
  A: I'm afraid I have no idea about this. My expertise is in dog nutrition. This would be a great ...
Good brand of dog food12/30/2012
  Q: I have two dogs, a 7 yr old boston terrier & and 3 yr old daschund. My dachsund is a picky eater who ...
  A: I think it's great that you are researching the best foods for your dogs. Many people don't and ...
Cutting costs to feed puppies12/22/2012
  Q: We had a litter of 14 Great Danes this fall. They are beautiful, healthy pups. We have been ...
  A: I feel for your situation. We are big believers in adopting and not shopping as their are so many in ...
chlorophyl dosage for small dogs12/16/2012
  Q: I have a small rescue female dog (weighs about 5 lbs.) I had wanted to wait to have her spayed to ...
  A: I've never had or know of anyone who had done this for that reason but it sure may help. As for ...
Husky puppy Throwing up after eating.12/16/2012
  Q: I have a 10 week full breed siberian husky whom we only brought home 3 days ago. His first night ...
  A: Yes, it very well could be the stress and unfamiliarity of his new surroundings. It's always a good ...
Strange Behavior12/1/2012
  Q: I know this may be a medical question you cannot answer, but maybe you have experienced this too ...
  A: It's tough to say what was going on. Depending on how old she is and what kind of diet she is on, it ...
Possible further symtoms of allergies12/1/2012
  Q: I have had my Bichon Frise, Angel, for around 5 years now. Her skin has become increasingly ...
  A: Sorry to hear you have to go through all this. There can be many causes to this type of infliction ...
food11/24/2012
  Q: she will eat little bits from me but not alot, some days she wont eat her treats and shes loosing ...
  A: She shouldn't be getting any dry food as there is no good moisture in it. She should have and still ...
Pug Nutrition and Fibre Content11/15/2012
  Q: I have a 10 month old pug and he poops between 4-7 times a day. I have been reading on the internet ...
  A: It is unusual for a dog to go that many times. The diet you are feeding sounds fine but may be a ...
Possible food allergies causing itching10/25/2012
  Q: My dog Sam is a lab mix (not sure what he's mixed with - we adopted him from the pound last year, ...
  A: that helps me to give you a little better direction. First of all, stay far and away from any of ...
I'm worried about my dog10/24/2012
  Q: My 9 year old Short haired Jack Russell terrier Charlie, Is shedding a lot more than usual (fur ...
  A: There are a number of reasons he could be throwing up and having Diarrhea. The loss of fur ...
2 yr labrador10/23/2012
  Q: We adopted a Labrador retriever from a shelter Last week. She was fostered for about 4 months by a ...
  A: I will be happy to answer any of your questions I can. Some of your questions are of a behavioral ...
dog10/16/2012
  Q: we adopted a Yorkie from a rescue group a couple of months ago. They think she is about 2 years ...
  A: You have a lucky little girl that is in excellent care. Many people don't take the time to do the ...
worms10/10/2012
  Q: My month old puppy made a no 2 with worms in it. He is alone and we gave him fresh warm milk
  A: You will need to see a vet to get some de-wormer medicine for him. This is important or it can lead ...
about my akita10/6/2012
  Q: s is the food ok what i feed him i feed him about 500 grams of dry food a day split in two feeds ...
  A: As for his size and potential size, I would look for websites or forums on Akita's. There you can ...
dog behavior problem10/5/2012
  Q: Molly is an English Springr Spaniel 6 years old. She was purchased from a breeder for my 3 year old ...
  A: My specialty on this forum is in pet nutrition. A proper diet makes all the difference in the world ...
Husky10/4/2012
  Q: I have a 3 year old Siberian Husky. We have had her since she was a few months old and she has ...
  A: Mikayla, If you haven't done so, please get her spayed so there is NO more pups. These litters are ...
leg tumor9/25/2012
  Q: Beagle fifteen years old with front leg tumor ,joint problems for years .Licking the tumor a lot any ...
  A: We have a soft spot for our Beagles. We have a couple ourselves. I wish you would have told me ...
grooming Great Pyrenees9/25/2012
  Q: My daughter was given a Great Pyrenees a year ago. The dog loves to be outside and his hair has ...
  A: I would call or stop by a local grooming place and ask them this question. They will also be able to ...
biosol-m9/20/2012
  Q: took my dog to the vet yesterday because she keeps throwing up. it started mon., tues. didn't eat ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having to deal with these issues with such a young pup. Your vet should have ...
dog allegies9/16/2012
  Q: Can you please help me? My dog has major allergies to what I don't know, he's had blood tests done, ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having to go through all these things. I wish you would have told me his breed ...
fleas!9/8/2012
  Q: I recently found my 10 month old, indoor dwelling chihuahua has fleas. I believe he has had them for ...
  A: Fleas can be a real problem, especially this year. Once they invade your home, you have to go all ...
our dog acts like she is starving9/3/2012
  Q: we have a 2 1/2 year old german shepherd dog female. she has always been a hard one to feed. we ...
  A: I wish you would have told me what food she is on now and what you've tried. It would make it a lot ...
my yorkie eats grass8/26/2012
  Q: Is it bad for my yorkie to eat grass? He is very active and he eats purina dog chow but everytime he ...
  A: Maria, No, it's not a problem for dogs to eat grass. There could be various reasons dogs do this. ...
General Questions8/23/2012
  Q: ***I'm about to write A LOT***You were warned** Hello, my name is Rubi. I'm a new dog owner of an ...
  A: Congratulations on your new dog. You are doing a very good thing by researching everything you need ...
boxer pup allergies or skin issues?8/21/2012
  Q: I have a 9 month old reverse brindle boxer pup. She has been having symptoms that to me seem ...
  A: It's not that often we see dogs under a year of age have food related allergies. However, if the ...
Coat growth8/16/2012
  Q: I have a 2 year old dobermann,(yes its 2 N's, the germans made the dog AKC/DPCA has no right ...
  A: A good thick coat begins with good nutrition and supplements. You didn't mention what you are ...
Scratching8/13/2012
  Q: My dog is constantly scratching inside his ear and then licking his nails afterwards. At first we ...
  A: Bryan, It could possibly be a sign of a parasite/tic or other. You can usually spot something by ...
Min pin8/5/2012
  Q: I have a 5 month old min pin girl named dolce and read everywhere that min Pins are enter with a ...
  A: Your question is on behavior type issues with your dogs. My specialty and expertise on this forum is ...
Dog vomiting and has liquid feces8/2/2012
  Q: Female dog is weak and vomiting solid food but the feces are liquid. We have this dog a 10months ...
  A: There's too much going on with her. She needs to be seen by a vet right away. They will ave to do ...
Small Mixed Breed with Chronic Skin Problems7/21/2012
  Q: Baily, my 7 year old 15 pound female mixed breed (pug/rat terrier/mini pincher mix) has had skin ...
  A: You're in a place where a lot of other people get, frustrated with their vet and searching for ...
Diet7/19/2012
  Q: We have 2 Great Danes - female who is 3 and male who is 18 months. The male has had all kinds of ...
  A: You sure have your hands full of dogs and a few common problems. You're right about your vet not ...
Shih tzu ripping out fur7/18/2012
  Q: I have a 9 month old Shih tzu puppy who has, since she was 8 weeks old, been ripping out her fur. I ...
  A: It does sound like a behavioral issue but certain things, like the diet, can make the skin feel ...
Skin condition7/17/2012
  Q: My friend Fritz, a black and white mini schnauzer has a spot that is dry and crusty on his lower ...
  A: If your vet ruled out any infestation (fleas, mites, mange or others), then more than likely it's an ...
Female Husky ten month old7/8/2012
  Q: My dog Nika(husky) who I adopted from a family who in a short story claim to have her since she was ...
  A: You need to learn how to tell good ingredients from bad ingredients in dog foods. Also, the fillers ...
Please help - thank you!7/8/2012
  Q: my 5 lb Yorkie is gagging,snorting,seems like burping or hiccuping. Her stomach is making loud ...
  A: Casey, It's impossible to tell what's going on with without an examination. It could be something ...
Discharge from eyes7/7/2012
  Q: I wrote you earlier with a different problem and was very satisfied with your attention and ability. ...
  A: This is not one of my specialties but I will give you my opinion. When you say evidence of runny ...
Mosquito bites. :(7/5/2012
  Q: I just adopted a Great Dane/Black mouth curr mix. He's amazing! Only problem is we live in swamp ...
  A: There is a natural product called Natural Defense by Sentry that will kill and/or repel mosquitoes. ...
dog stopped eating7/3/2012
  Q: Our dog Brandy is 13 years old a golden cross.She has been eating medical senior for about 6 ...
  A: Sorry to hear you're having difficulties with Brandy. It can get tougher when dog's will not eat for ...
my teacup yorkie7/1/2012
  Q: my dog bobby does not eat his food because i think it to hard for him so i put his food in hot water ...
  A: Dry foods are not the best for dogs. No dog should ever be on a dry food diet anyway. Dry foods ...
lethargic dog6/30/2012
  Q: We have a 5 year old female black lab who has not been fixed. She is usually very energetic and ...
  A: Most all pits from fruits contain small amounts of cyanide. So obviously eating any quantity of ...
dogs appetite after giving birth6/21/2012
  Q: i have a minature daschund..4 yrs. old...just had her first litter on sunday and monday...5 ...
  A: If it were me, I would stick to good quality premium puppy food. In the can, not any dry foods. ...
Swollen nipples6/14/2012
  Q: My daughter has a 10 month old female pit bull she has had swollen nipplesfor 3-4 months and the ...
  A: Hey Carl, My specialty on this forum is dog nutrition. But I didn't want to reject your question as ...
Yeast!6/4/2012
  Q: I have an English Bulldog who's 2 1/2 yrs old. Since he was 3 mos. old we've dealt with one thing ...
  A: Sorry to hear you and your baby are going through so many difficulties. Many younger dogs are ...
Loquats6/2/2012
  Q: Do you have any information about loquats, and whether they are harmful or toxic to dogs?
  A: To be honest, I've never had that question about loquats before. They are not native around my area ...
Diarrhea..5/26/2012
  Q: I have been monitoring my dog now for at least 4 days she ate fine monday, didn't eat at all Tuesday ...
  A: If she is prone to an allergy like to the chicken, other things can and will start bugging her ...
Skin Problems/ American Bulldog5/25/2012
  Q: I so hope that you can help my puppy! I have an American Bulldog that is 3 months old and he ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having so many difficulties with your baby. These can be tough things to ...
Dog- Allergies5/22/2012
  Q: I suspect that my Couton De Tular has an allergy to grass. It is kept indoors. Condition: It ...
  A: I have to assume you've tried wiping the feet with a good grooming wipe or similar product after the ...
my pit bull mix is have bumps that look like some sort of wart.5/12/2012
  Q: well, she is at my dads and I haven't seen her in a while. I just came up and she recently had ...
  A: That's a tough question because of the need for biopsy to identify what exactly they are. Many older ...
picky dog eater5/7/2012
  Q: I have a 1.5 year old black lab pit mix. In the last week she has become a very picky eater. At ...
  A: Labs and lab mixes our our number one dogs with sensitive tummy's and skin and coat issues. Dogs ...
Farting5/4/2012
  Q: Betty is a shihtzu/terrier cross weighing 7kg. She was very ill as a puppy with ringworm and took ...
  A: That's a very unusual diet you have her on. Rotation and variety is very good for your girl and her ...
Request for review of dog food ingredients4/28/2012
  Q: I wondering if you could provide some direction for me in choosing a good dog food for my 60 lb, 3 ...
  A: I understand your concern with the cost of feeding. It's on a lot of peoples mind of late. But your ...
Itchy dog4/23/2012
  Q: My dog just started constantly scratching her neck where her collar is. When I take off her collar ...
  A: Kylie, See what the material of the collar is made of. Maybe that is bothering her. Might try a ...
My Lhasa apso Not eating4/20/2012
  Q: I was given a Lhasa Apso that was 7 mo. old to save him fromt he pund. he is precious. i have had ...
  A: First, that's a great thing you did by taking him into your home. It's another great thing that you ...
Yorkie has bloody stools! HELP4/9/2012
  Q: My 5 year old, 5 pound male Yorkie has ate a large portion of pork steak. He is shaky, stomach is ...
  A: The meat shouldn't be any problem as long as his digestive system is used to eating meat like that. ...
dogs3/17/2012
  Q: if i squeeze my dogs gassy belly will she fart and why
  A: That's a sign of a digestive problem. This typically happens to dogs who are on a high grain based ...
Boxer drinking excessive water3/14/2012
  Q: Roger - I have asked you several questions in the past about my boxer and you have been so helpful. ...
  A: I'm glad to hear you have her on a good food like that. It will do her a lot of good. Instinct is a ...
Puppy weight3/10/2012
  Q: i emailed you a few days ago, but missed the opportunity to add about my 5 month old black German ...
  A: You are absolutely right about wanting to wait to have him neutered. We are firm believers that you ...
Dog Food Recommendation3/9/2012
  Q: I have a 4 year old female English Bulldog who we adopted a few months ago. The previous owner had ...
  A: The Canidae and Great Life are both premium foods, we carry both of them in our store. The Canidae ...
Puppy weight health3/6/2012
  Q: I have a 5 month old male black German shepherd. When he was around 4 and a half months old he ...
  A: I would be more worried about feeding him that I.D. food much more than if his growth has been ...
food choice for senior dog2/29/2012
  Q: Roger. I have 10-11 yr old Siberian Husky rescue who has recovered from a bout with liver problems, ...
  A: I understand about our older four legged kids. My wife and I went through it with a couple. They ...
Rosemary Extract safe for dogs?2/29/2012
  Q: Rosemary Extract safe for dogs? I have a medium sized pit dalmatian mix and her Cod Liver oil has ...
  A: I've not had a lot of experience with rosemary and it's uses for dogs. But from what I do know is ...
Dog diet2/28/2012
  Q: Took my dog to the vet today, she is part lab/retriever, 5 years old. She has always been stocky and ...
  A: We define commercial dog foods as one's that contain one or more of the not-so-good and allergy ...
Dog shaking uncontrollably1/30/2012
  Q: I have a dog that is 4 years old. Her name is Dixie and she is a Brittany Spaniel. Last week I ...
  A: Kyle, Sorry to hear Dixie has to go through all this. Typically regular vets are pill poppers to ...
Dog Flatulence1/25/2012
  Q: I have a lab mix and she has suddenly been making horrible gas. I know dogs make gas but this smell ...
  A: This is a very common problem for many animals. It's all in the digestion of the foods they eat. ...
diarrhea/food issue1/24/2012
  Q: I rescued a shihpoo 1 1/2 months ago, he is 4 1/2 years old. I have been feeding him a combination ...
  A: First, I'm glad to hear you did a rescue, the world needs more like you! I see he's also fairly ...
loud rumbling and squeaking sounds in dog1/24/2012
  Q: Our two year old miniature poodle has been healthy. The only way we have ever noticed him passing ...
  A: Many times when something does not agree with a dog, there digestive system will make these types of ...
Split whiskers1/14/2012
  Q: I have a question about my girl, Karlie. Karlie is turning 2 years old, I adopted her last year ...
  A: I personally don't have a lot of experience with split whiskers and dogs. From what I do know is ...
Raw diet1/11/2012
  Q: I have an 11 month old female Golden Retriever. Her current diet as of a few weeks ago is Diamond ...
  A: Molly is s good looking dog. You're doing good by researching a proper diet for her. She will live ...
cocker spaniel1/10/2012
  Q: My 2 year old spaniel Toby eats home cooked rice and chicken. He has suddenly developed small red ...
  A: This can be caused by a number of things. I'll go over several below and you will need to see if any ...
Cramps and feeding1/1/2012
  Q: Popeye thinks he has an iron stomach like our other dog. He does not. He ate some rawpork fat the ...
  A: The best thing for him right now is nothing but water for 24 hours. Then the bland diet, boiled ...
Best Dog Foods12/19/2011
  Q: I just adopted a 4-year-old English Bulldog. The previous owners had her on Canidae All Life Stages ...
  A: Hey Michael, Very good to hear you are taking an active role in researching the best food for your ...
Loss of Appetite when in heat12/16/2011
  Q: I have an 11 month old sheltie that is in her 2nd heat cycle and almost finished it. I have noticed ...
  A: Although I'm not an expert in heat cycles and their potential issues, I have heard others say that ...
cold feet12/12/2011
  Q: We have a somewhat recently-adopted adorable pug/beagle mix who's about 20 pounds (adopted from a ...
  A: That's great that you were able to rescue a little guy like that. We just rescued a little female ...
my staffy pup11/20/2011
  Q: shes so scared, always have her tail between her legs and ears back. she isnt boucy like supposed to ...
  A: Being that young she was probably born with this common problem. Sometimes abuse can cause this over ...
My 8 week old puppy will not stop peeing!11/19/2011
  Q: Okay, I have an 8-9 week old golden retriever and she won't stop peeing. I take her out every half ...
  A: Jamie, Sounds like she is having submissive and/or excitable urination problems. This is usually ...
Treats11/17/2011
  Q: What brand or kind of Dog Treats would you recommend... which ones would you stay away from.. ...
  A: Eating grass can be habitual or the dog is feeling like he is lacking in live enzymes and/or ...
Female Chihuahua dog with hip issue11/12/2011
  Q: I have an 8 years old female Chihuahua that lately has been strugling with stairs. My backyard and ...
  A: It's always difficult to see our beloved pet struggle with joint problems. We've been through it ...
Dog Bad Breath11/9/2011
  Q: Roger - I have asked you questions in the past about dog nutrition and you have been very helpful. ...
  A: Dry food does have a crunch but it don't clean the teeth. She needs rubbing action on her teeth to ...
bald dog11/6/2011
  Q: my dog is 10 years old. He is mixed bouvier with Labrador. He is getting bald between his legs, on ...
  A: Several things can make this happen. Make sure there is no infestation of any kind of parasite. They ...
constant biting and chewing10/31/2011
  Q: First off i want to thank you. I hope this isn't to much of a medical question. i read your profile ...
  A: Sorry to hear youíre having so many difficulties. I understand and appreciate your financial ...
Allergies10/21/2011
  Q: South Africa) Our 1 year old Africanis (mixed-breed) female dog, Laika, has been diagnosed by the ...
  A: The bump on her nose could be from a number of things. She could have been rubbing it hard from the ...
My German Shepherd10/18/2011
  Q: He eats normal 3 times a day and his not skinny but he only weighs 40 pounds and must other German ...
  A: It will mostly have to do with genetics and how big he gets. You need to look at the size of his ...
sam10/18/2011
  Q: my dog name is Sam and he is a yellow lab. He has the same problem Katie has. i changed his food to ...
  A: A couple of things, it may take 30-60 days for a dog to see much relief from severe skin and coat ...
Raw diet feeding to my Toy Poodle?10/17/2011
  Q: I am doing research on Prey Model Raw for my 7 lb male Toy Poodle (is currently eating kibble, and ...
  A: Congratulations for researching a few food diet. You will not regret feeding either a partial or ...
Dog bleeding10/7/2011
  Q: We just noticed that our 6 year old Weimaraner who is not neutered was rolling around on the bed & ...
  A: Just to be up front with you, I'm not a vet and you should always consult with your vet for any ...
Planning to get / buy Puppy.10/4/2011
  Q: We are planning to get / buy a Puppy in our house. Would like to get inputs from your side ...
  A: I'll try to answer your questions best I can. Some of these questions are going to be mostly your ...
calcium levels in raw feeding9/29/2011
  Q: I have been raw feeding my 11month old Poodle cross cavalier pup (Fry) for about 3 months now after ...
  A: Apparently even vets in Australia can be ignorant to proper species appropriate diets. They are sure ...
party training9/23/2011
  Q: ..when i am home she does it where i want her to do it which is on a chuck ...its like she knows ...
  A: When dogs are left alone at home, they can develop behavior problems such as the one you are ...
Intestinal food9/17/2011
  Q: i'm from Brazil, and I own a 3 years old Bichon frise, that had a pepetic ulcer in three months ago, ...
  A: First off, I'm not a vet so I cannot tell you to go off of your prescription diet. I can give you my ...
16 years old9/12/2011
  Q: My dog is 16 years old. he has been blind for almost a year and ever since he doesn't really ...
  A: It's normal for a dog to not eat for a day or two if they are hurting or sick. The digestive system ...
a small blister on my dogs lip9/9/2011
  Q: rocently my dog touched my hsir tongs,i have descxoverd a small blister on his lip.i was wondering ...
  A: If this is just a slight burn from a hot hair device, I would just apply some type of antibiotic ...
Allergies and nutrition9/8/2011
  Q: My 2-year old female lab mix is losing hair rapidly on elbows, ears, and around the eyes. I'm ...
  A: Aaron, To make a determination on what's going on, she may need to be checked by the vet to ...
Noisy stomach9/7/2011
  Q: Stuntman is a 2 and half year old mix breed. He lives in South Africa. For the past month he has had ...
  A: As long as the vet has checked him out and determined there are no internal injuries or diseases, ...
mange9/5/2011
  Q: I have a 8 week old puppy. He was playing at the house of a puppy that come to find out has mange. ...
  A: Depends on what type of mange the other dog has. Some common ones in puppies like Demodectic mange ...
sores on dog's tail and paw9/3/2011
  Q: We rescued a dog that was left outside and starved. We have had him a wk now, he has filled and ...
  A: he will have a good home now. The sores can be from a lot of things. Anything from parasites to ...
Puppy Throwing Up8/29/2011
  Q: I have a beagle puppy that is almost 8 months old and is going through her first heat. recently for ...
  A: Maybe it's the first heat that's upsetting her tummy or she got into something she shouldn't have. ...
2 of my dogs ate goose down feathers from pillow.8/24/2011
  Q: I have a male pitbull and female rottweiler that tore up a goose down pillow and they both ate a ...
  A: He Bryan, A dog, coyote or wolf in the wild will eat the feathers of their prey without problems. ...
eccesive eating8/21/2011
  Q: I have a basset hound that eats every hour or more. She has been tested for everything. We did find ...
  A: Thyroid issues have been on the rise but if you have that under control, did you test for any worms? ...
my puppy is allergic to grass8/19/2011
  Q: Itís been a week from now I have my puppy. His been going outside and something sleeps outside in ...
  A: If he is only 6 weeks old, he may be still very sensitive to the grass and/or other vegetation where ...
Over weight blue heeler8/17/2011
  Q: My 5 year old Male Blue heeler is slightly over weight. He is being walked about 5 times a week but ...
  A: Dogs are easy to get over weight. They train us to over feed them because they always make us ...
Boiled Eggs8/17/2011
  Q: I have a 15 weeks old male Doberman puppy - Prince. He is active and healthy. I feed him thrice a ...
  A: Eggs can be a good source of protein but to balance a diet with all the nutrients he needs, he ...
ask for kind and trainning of dogs8/15/2011
  Q: Mrs: I 'am an ignorant about dogs. But my daughter, she has six years old, asked me a little dog. ...
  A: If I were you, I would go to your local humane society. They have all kinds of dogs both big and ...
Dashound sinus problems8/10/2011
  Q: My dashound (mini) red in color has a bad sinus problem with productive mucus out nose. It seems to ...
  A: Lots of air borne type allergies are present this summer and a lot of dogs tend to suffer more and ...
Need Advice please8/7/2011
  Q: I have noticed that her back bone is showing a little but that's it and I'm thinking she might need ...
  A: Sorry to take so long, I was out for the day. Her rapid weight loss could be from a number of ...
Wolf hybrid giant malamute8/4/2011
  Q: how much would I have to spend on a giant malamute/wolf hybrid if the dog was fed on a raw, ...
  A: Geoff, Here is a link to a web site that has a calculator where all you need to do is enter his ...
nerve spindle sheath tumor7/31/2011
  Q: My adopted 10/11 yr. belgian malinoix which I've had for 8 yrs.was diagnosed with this on his front ...
  A: Sorry to hear your guy has to go through something like this. Your questions are very valid and I ...
Powder for a Healthy coat7/24/2011
  Q: , can you mention a name of a powder which can keep the fur growth and coat of a dog healthy?? I ...
  A: I don't know of any kind of powder that would accomplish a healthy skin and coat of a dog. This is ...
3MONTH OLD YORKIE7/20/2011
  Q: THE VOMIT IS FOAMY AND PINKISH. IN ADDITION SHE HAS BEEN SLEEPING ALOT LATELY. I TOOK HER TO THE ...
  A: She obviously ingested something that is causing the problem. You should ask your mom if she ...
My pitbull7/16/2011
  Q: Can i give my 2 yr old blue pit doxycycl 100 mg for mastitis she has 8 three wk old puppies. Never ...
  A: This question is for a vet to answer and is out of my expertise. Instead of rejecting your question, ...
Rash on puppy's belly7/15/2011
  Q: I have a one year old female chihuhua/papillion mix named Kiwi. I don't know if it matters, but Kiwi ...
  A: Kiwi sounds like a terrific little girl and has a very caring mother. Iíll give you my thoughts on ...
Flea irritation on 4 year old pitbull7/5/2011
  Q: Ihave a 85 pound 4 yr old pitbull she has fleas I tried the hartz first wasnt very succesful n gave ...
  A: You need to make sure what the sores are from. Do you know for sure that they are from the flea meds ...
Adding a second pup7/4/2011
  Q: My name is Kyle, and I have just added a second dog to our family, my first dog is a Australian ...
  A: This is actually a behavior question and not a nutrition question in which is my specialty. I can ...
Possible dog food allergy?7/3/2011
  Q: I have recently noticed a few small raised bumps on my 2.5 year old Shih Tzu's body after grooming ...
  A: Dogs can sure develop all kinds of little things on their skin. It's hard to say what it can be as ...
Giving a Chihuahua pain meds...6/30/2011
  Q: What can I give my 3 year old Chihuahua for pain? The vet gave her, her yearly rabies shot and when ...
  A: Yes, baby aspirin is a decent product for temporary relief of minor pain. You can of course get ...
my queensland heeler,....6/28/2011
  Q: my Queensland heeler is 4 years old and is VERY healthy but this last week or so her left side of ...
  A: It could be from a number of things. Could she have been stung by a bee or bitten by a spider or ...
Birthmark appearing on my year and half old dog6/24/2011
  Q: I have a boxer/yellow lab mix and she's a 1 1/2 year old female. She has a patch of skin about the ...
  A: I don't think it is any sort of birthmark. I'm afraid it sounds more like a parasite infection or ...
My dog6/23/2011
  Q: We now leave her with just a drink and mat to lie on all coats and scarves are removed but still ...
  A: Normally I would reject questions that do not pertain to nutrition as that is my specialty on this ...
My brothers dog lost all of its hair6/20/2011
  Q: My brothers dog lost all of its hair? My brother took my dog to the vet and the doctor told my ...
  A: I'm glad to hear that you are concerned about this poor little dog and its wellbeing. Yes, the pound ...
Follow up to previous ? & answer6/17/2011
  Q: Roger - You had answered questions for me about my 5 1/2 yr old boxer. Basically, info on ...
  A: I'm glad you found the nutritional information useful. It will make a big difference in the quality ...
5 yr old great dane not eating6/16/2011
  Q: im wondering if you could offer any advice. recently out 5 year old great dane has stopped eating ...
  A: First off, I would highly suggest a trip to your vet office for a complete check-up. You want to ...
5 1/2 yr old Boxer6/14/2011
  Q: Roger - I just started my dog on a joint enhancer with chondroitin, glucosamine and MSM through ...
  A: Joint supplements are fine for larger dogs or ones getting up there in years. At only 5 1/2 years ...
Dog eating potting soil & dirt6/14/2011
  Q: I have a female Jack Russel Terrier mix w/ Pit Bull that is about 9 years old. Last year she began ...
  A: I'm sure you've found that there are many theories out there regarding dogs eating of dirt. This ...
Steroids for Allergies6/10/2011
  Q: My Rocky, a Yorkshire Terrier, 3yrs old, has suffered from allergies since a little after his 1st ...
  A: Typically the steroid side effects will diminish over time. It all depends on the dog, the amount ...
visiting dogs6/6/2011
  Q: I have 2 cavalier king charles spanials visiting for the next 2 wks, they eat well but gooutside and ...
  A: Many dogs will utilize limbs or twigs to either play with, clean teeth or whatever reason they may ...
Chinny-chin-chin...6/1/2011
  Q: My 1 1/2 year old female rhodesian ridgeback seems to have a rash that's formed on her chin. It ...
  A: Like you have said, it can be from a number of issues. Yes, it is common for dogs to have pimples, ...
bleeding with stool5/25/2011
  Q: We took our Pug-mix 5 yr old female with us on a long journey, yesterday, where she rode in her ...
  A: Stress can create a lot of problems with dogs. We have a female beagle who is scared of people. She ...
Deafness in Frenchies5/24/2011
  Q: My son has a new puppy and it appears to be deaf. How do they go about training him? He is white and ...
  A: Richard, My specialty on this forum is in pet nutrition. You will need to seek the advice of a pet ...
puppy5/21/2011
  Q: We found a mini dach puppy. Was wondering how to tell if its male or female. It looks like it has ...
  A: Sometimes it is difficult to tell. Even male puppies will crouch to pee. I've included a link to an ...
Coat color change5/17/2011
  Q: My 5 year old doberman has started to turn brown underneath her black coat. I did shampoo her with ...
  A: I haven't had a lot of experience with this sort of issue but from what I do understand, this can be ...
greasy chihuahua5/16/2011
  Q: I have an older Chihuahua who just recently started getting greasy and smelly. He is probably at ...
  A: There are a couple of medical issues that can cause the skin to produce more oil. This can also be ...
itching5/16/2011
  Q: I have a 1 year old Chorkie, Rascal.He constantly scratches. He eats Kibbles and Bits,Pedigree ,and ...
  A: Rascal sure looks like a cute little guy. It's tough on them and us when they tend to scratch a lot. ...
puppy food5/12/2011
  Q: i have a 9 month old male dachshund and a 5month old brindle pitbull mixed with great dane. i have ...
  A: You've made a great decision by researching your dogs diet. That's something I wish a lot more ...
springer spaniel hair loss5/11/2011
  Q: my 2 year old springer spaniel has started to lose a bit of his hair on his backside,he is fully ...
  A: It could be shedding or diet or a combo of both. I wish you would have told me complete diet ...
Beagle's coat5/10/2011
  Q: My 7 month old male beagle has been scratching a lot. I changed his food from the eukanaba puppy ...
  A: As the proud parent of a couple of beagles ourselves, we find us on both sides of this issue. One ...
Female Lab always hungry5/6/2011
  Q: I have a 9 year old female yellow lab (not spayed). I adopted her 3 years ago. She was overweight ...
  A: I'm not sure if you've had her checked by a vet lately. If not, you may want to do so and ask about ...
my puppy has abcesses4/25/2011
  Q: my 3month old puppy has been diagnosed with puppy strangles. he is currently on 3 antibiotics and ...
  A: I understand your concern. It's not fair for such a young one to have to go through so much. I'm ...
Full Blood Welsh Pembroke Corgi acting weird4/17/2011
  Q: Please help!! I have a full blood welsh pembroke corgi. He is about 4 years old. The problem is ...
  A: I understand your anxiety and desire to help. Personally, if the two regular vets are not finding ...
my dog hasent pooped for two days...4/15/2011
  Q: i adopted a dog from the pound... hes a Chihuahua mix hes 2 years old its been 2 days i have had him ...
  A: Constipation happens with dogs as with humans. The adjustment to a new home, the nervous nature of ...
Chihuahua yelps in pain! WHY???4/14/2011
  Q: I have a black male Chihuahua. Tonight he started yelping for no apparent reason to us. He yelps and ...
  A: Justin, If it were me, I would take him in. Especially if this is not a normal behavioral issue. ...
puppy nutrition4/13/2011
  Q: 5lbs I have been feeding them a homemade formula of Evaporated milk 1tsp karo syrup 1 cup oikos ...
  A: I take it you're doing this because the mom can't nurse them herself. That's obviously the best ...
lump on bottom of chin4/12/2011
  Q: I have asked you a question before and it did help before about her bald spots you told me switch ...
  A: Small lumps and bumps are fairly common in dogs. Anything from pimples to infected hair follicle can ...
how long should i wait to take my lab out to the streets?4/4/2011
  Q: i have a female lab 6 weeks old. i want to take her out to the streets so that she can relieve ...
  A: Make sure she has ALL her vaccination shots before letting her around where other dogs have been. ...
bald spots3/24/2011
  Q: i have a 3 year old female black lab. she has started to get bald spots on her back legs and paws ...
  A: One more thing Kevin, I would be very careful about feeding ANY of the Hills prescription diet foods ...
english bulldog skin & staph problem3/22/2011
  Q: My 6 month old english bulldog puppy has had 2 staph infections & is currently taking antibiotics ...
  A: Just remember, I'm not a vet and not legally allowed to tell you to go off any medications. I would ...
mastiff wont eat3/20/2011
  Q: I was wondering if you could help me out with a question I have. I have a neopalitan mastiff and hes ...
  A: I must assume that you have and if you haven't, get him to the vet for a check up. You have to rule ...
bad body odor and costant itching3/19/2011
  Q: I have a two year old female fawn pitbull. She has a bad body odor and no matter how much I give her ...
  A: I wish you would have included what she is eating. This makes all the difference. I can only assume ...
after antibiotics..3/17/2011
  Q: I have an 8 week female ACD who is doing a round of Clavamox antibiotic for vaginitis/ excessive ...
  A: You want to give her the yogurt or other probiotic a minimum of 4 hours after administering an ...
Red spots on a bulldoggie tongue3/16/2011
  Q: 2 days ago my oldie bulldoggie 11 month old was salivating and weak. I took her to the vet and they ...
  A: It's hard to say, it could be a reaction from either one. Your vet should have been able to tell you ...
FOR TREATMENT3/15/2011
  Q: I HAVE A DALMITIAN BREED OF APPROX. 3 MONTHS. IT HAVE RICKETS IN ITS FEET. I WANT THE BRAND NAME OF ...
  A: Aditya, I don't know the brand name of this medicine. You will need to ask a veterinarian. My ...
Right Dog for Daughter and Condo3/13/2011
  Q: McLeskey I've contemplating getting a small dog, as promised, for my 13 year old daughter. I live ...
  A: The Bull Terrier would be a good choice. Most any dog will be good with children if the pet is young ...
dog3/12/2011
  Q: How do I get rid of my dog/puppy fleas and tick without advantage or forntline? It cost too much.
  A: Not only the cost is the problem with these treatments, the poison they deliver has to be processed ...
Elderly Lab3/6/2011
  Q: I am babysitting my son's elderly black Labrador Retriever while he is overseas on vacation. The ...
  A: It's a tough thing to go through with our elder dogs. We went through it twice in the last year. ...
beagle's coat3/1/2011
  Q: what kind of coat does a beagle have?need it by Friday
  A: Beagles are in the hound group. They have short hair that gets a little smelly and in need of a bath ...
Sudden Death2/28/2011
  Q: I had a 3 year old male Brussels Griffon that passed away today. He was a bit over weight but was ...
  A: Sorry to hear of your loss. That's a terrible thing to go trough and deal with. It's hard to say ...
itching cocker spaniel2/13/2011
  Q: I have a 4 year old cocker spaniel that has been on monthly antihistamine shots for at least 3 ...
  A: As I expected, it appears to be this diet that's probably causing all your problems. We've seen this ...
do dogs have menstrual periods and how old is too old to train a dog?2/13/2011
  Q: my first question is do female dogs have menstrual period? my teacup chiuhahua started bleeding and ...
  A: Yes, dogs can go into heat around 6 months old and there could be some bleeding. Any abnormal amount ...
itching cocker spaniel2/9/2011
  A: I would like to be able to help you more, could you please respond back on this same question and ...
bloody vomit and bloody stool2/8/2011
  Q: I came home and my 2 yo. pup vomited red vomit and then shortly after her stool was mixed with ...
  A: Sounds like a typical 2 y/o and sticks everything in their mouths. It most had to be something she ...
pug ear infection1/31/2011
  Q: my pug has got a ear infection i cave hime antibiotics still he is discharging pus
  A: My specialty on this forum is pet nutrition. This is more of a question for a vet. But from what ...
shivering with fright1/28/2011
  Q: my west highland terrier is doing very well at the moment, has not had a shivering turn since i took ...
  A: Hey Gerald, I've never heard of that recall before. When I looked at the article, it was localized ...
7 month chorkie not eating1/27/2011
  Q: I have a 7 month yorkshire terrier/chihuahua cross. He's a really bouncy and playful puppy and ...
  A: Pups can develop all kinds of problems, some natural and some due to the fact that they like to ...
Sudden Excessive Shedding1/24/2011
  Q: My dog Teddy, who is a lab/boxer mix, has suddenly started shedding ALOT he used to shed only a VERY ...
  A: Dogs can start shedding fast in a weather change. I don't know where you live or what the weather ...
Siberian Husky1/21/2011
  Q: My Husky is 1 year and 4 months old and all of a sudden her behavior has changed. After her routine ...
  A: This sometimes happens when a dog hurts somewhere. They typically want to be alone as they heal. ...
7.5 month old staffy1/20/2011
  Q: We have just adopted a little girl staffy and dog the vet to give her a check up and make sure she ...
  A: I'm afraid I don't know a lot in that area. My specialty is nutrition. Your vet should have been ...
Best Dog Food1/19/2011
  Q: Why is it that on most web pages about the best dog food there is hardly anything mentioned about ...
  A: We sell Orijen out of our store, it's one of the top sellers. It's truly a super premium food that ...
shivering with fright1/15/2011
  Q: i have a west highland terrier, who will be asleep and suddenly wake up and run to me and then start ...
  A: The shivering could possibly a digestive problem as well. She could possibly be waking up with a ...
dog warts1/15/2011
  Q: Our chocolate lab is 7 1/2 months old about 80 lbs very active. In the last two days he has ...
  A: Sorry to hear your guy is having these issues. It's really hard to say but from what you describe, ...
strange dog eating behavior1/12/2011
  Q: My 11 year old dog has recently started doing something very odd and pretty disturbing to us-- she ...
  A: Without speech, dogs may never tell us the real reason they do this. It's probably most commonly ...
pregnancy and cancer1/10/2011
  Q: i have a 4 year old golden retriever who is currently pregnant. Her due date is already next week. ...
  A: Marcel, I feel for your situation. Unfortunately my specialty is nutrition. This is a medical ...
liver issues where to buy sam E1/5/2011
  Q: Hi I have a Jackrussell about 13 years of age he got biten my a brown or tiger snake 4 weeks ago and ...
  A: Sorry to hear about the snake bite. I live in the USA so I don't have an idea how you could get ...
bichon is sick1/1/2011
  Q: What should I do? My bichon got squished while sleeping the night before last. He was on heating ...
  A: He may be bruised or have other internal injuries that's not visible. He will need to be seen by a ...
Szhitzu skin disorder of some sort.12/28/2010
  Q: Where do I start...?? I have a 7 year old Szhitzu, female. And for the last 2 years she's had a very ...
  A: I wish you would have told me everything that is in her diet. This, more than likely is where all ...
puppy mush12/27/2010
  Q: How much puppy mush should my cocker pups be eating at each feeding?
  A: It depends on what all you are feeding and how old the pups are. Every different manufacturer of ...
what to feed a 2 days old Pit Bull12/23/2010
  Q: Roger, I have a 2 days American Pit Bull Terrier and I do not know what kind of milk or food should ...
  A: There is a product called Esbilac Puppy Complete Liquid available at pet food centers, some larger ...
My Akita will not eat12/21/2010
  Q: I have a 9 month old Pure Bred Akita. He is a large dog and weighs approximately 95lbs. He REFUSES ...
  A: I don't see too many Akita's come through our store but I've seen many picky dogs. With allergies as ...
My dog is ill12/19/2010
  Q: My dog is 11 years old and is a Lab and Greatdane mix he has been sick off and on having ashma ...
  A: Obviously the vomiting can be caused by a number of things. From a simple digestive problem/bug to a ...
German Shepard chewing on his tail12/15/2010
  Q: My german Shepard chews on his tail when my husband and I leave him alone. When we leave for work or ...
  A: The first thing you may want to do is have a vet check him out. They will look for any parasites, ...
dog odor12/14/2010
  Q: Please tell me what I can do for the odor my dog has which smells like "old, stinky cheese"!! I ...
  A: Could this smell be something like yeast? Many dogs develop a fungus/yeast problem (infection) ...
redness on belly12/13/2010
  Q: my dog is a westie and i noticed about 2 months ago he has a red area around where his umbilical ...
  A: That's a strange one. Unless it does bother him, get bigger, or change colors, I don't think it ...
Allergy?12/11/2010
  Q: I have an 18 month old male Boxer (Diesel) who has been sick now for two weeks. It started off with ...
  A: Boxers tend to have a sensitive digestive system. They are also prone to have food allergies. I ...
pit bull adjustment to new home12/6/2010
  Q: what is involved in bringing a ppit bull into a new home? she is approx 18 months old. what kind ...
  A: New surroundings are tough for any dog. If you can bring something from their old place over like a ...
food12/3/2010
  Q: I am looking to change my small breed dog's food. He currently has science diet small bites. He ...
  A: It's great that you're looking at getting him off these bad foods and into a premium one. Science ...
Dog stinks in cage11/29/2010
  Q: My pitbull is only in the cage when we are not at home,but she stinks in the when we leave,cant stay ...
  A: Dogs are pack animals. They don't do good by themselves as you've found out. They exhibit behavior ...
my tia has dry skin11/27/2010
  Q: tia my rottweiler has dry skin on her belly and its also on her back
  A: You didn't give me very much information to work with. It is very helpful for us to know things like ...
My chinese Crested11/26/2010
  Q: I have a hairless chinese crested 1 year old. When I got him he had acne but I believe the acne is ...
  A: My specialty is in nutrition and I can give you lots of information there. As far as special ...
Mange/Scabies11/23/2010
  Q: After a dog is treated for mange and scabies, waiting on the second treatment,how contagious are ...
  A: Typically from what I know and heard of, Mange is present in most dogs. If there immune system ...
dog pregnancy11/21/2010
  Q: my problem is about my dog having false pregnancy, i think this is the 2nd time she had. In fact, we ...
  A: Ivan, The problem you are having may require a vet to help figure out the problem. They may need to ...
13 yr old German Shepherd's diet11/17/2010
  Q: Our dog, Jake, is 13 yrs old, has some issues with his gallbladder but nothing too serious according ...
  A: I'm glad to hear you are looking at getting Jake off that Pedigree. I just looked up the ingredients ...
breeding11/15/2010
  Q: my dog has finished her false pregnancy in the 2nd time? what possibly happened to her why she's ...
  A: Ivan, I'm not a vet or a breeder so I really do not understand what might be causing the false ...
red lump on paw11/15/2010
  Q: I have a 10 month old West Highland who has been in and out of the vet more times than he should be ...
  A: It is fairly common for dogs to get these type of bumps or cysts on their paws. Especially from ...
Dogs bowel movements11/14/2010
  Q: My third Golden Retriever is 7 years old dog and has allergies I think. I bath him every couple of ...
  A: I forgot to mention something about the baths so if you get this email twice, that's why. I would ...
Dog Food11/14/2010
  Q: Recent blood test results for our 11 year old female Siberian Husky indicated elevated levels of ...
  A: To be honest with you, Beneful was rated as one of the worse dog foods on the market. This food, ...
catching a chihuahua11/13/2010
  Q: I'm an apt. mgr. and someone left a young chuhuahua in an apt. he is very scared--how do I catch him ...
  A: That is a very common occurrence these days as people are abandoning their homes and leaving their ...
Food11/5/2010
  Q: I have 7 years old Shih Tzu, who rarely eats dog food, as I cook for her rice/pasta with chicken, ...
  A: Sounds like you have a little girl who may be getting spoiled. We all do it to some extent. A ...
an elderly dog not eating11/3/2010
  Q: I have a 16 year old mixed breed that has lived a long and wonderful life. She is eating little ...
  A: Basically it sounds like you're doing the right things. Keep her moving as much as you can. Make ...
Grease Removal11/2/2010
  Q: What can happen to a dog if it eats grease remover
  A: Frank, It will depend on how much he ingested. I can imagine even a little would could be ...
food for nursing chihuahua10/26/2010
  Q: My Chihuahua had 3 live + 1 that didn't make it puppies during the night. I read some of your ...
  A: Sorry to hear you lost one of your pups. New moms need a high fat diet. A lot of people will use ...
Havapoo puppy10/26/2010
  Q: I just noticed that our Havapoo puppy(3 1/2 months old) has a lump on his belly. It is very soft, ...
  A: All lumps that appear on dogs should be checked by a vet regardless of its size, position and ...
orphan pups10/24/2010
  Q: staff pups will be 2 weeks on tuesday. mum died having emergancy c section. i have been feeding them ...
  A: There is a milk formula for puppies. You need to go to a pet store and pick some up. They shouldn't ...
weeping eyes,labrador10/23/2010
  Q: my 2 year old dog has had no problems with his eyes before today,but his eyes have started weeping ...
  A: If it is yellow and not clear, it could be an infection of some kind. Some allergies can cause this ...
Drops Of Blood From Dog10/10/2010
  Q: My name is Alyssa and I have my Tea-cup Chihuahua mix, he is 11 years old,weighs 13-15 pounds,and is ...
  A: Sorry to hear your little guy is having problems. I'm not a vet but I can give you a couple of ...
breeding10/6/2010
  Q: is my female pug to old to breed she is at least 5 years old?
  A: To the best of my knowledge, 5 years old is not too old to breed a dog. You should check with your ...
overweight dog10/1/2010
  Q: I have been researching the Internet to find a nutritionally balance dog food for my mothers ...
  A: I congratulate your parents on giving these guys a home. Not enough people will go out of their way ...
HELP!!! My dog is possibly sick!!!!9/29/2010
  Q: I have had my dog since 2006 and he has always been a healthy energetic dog except for a few ear ...
  A: It will be impossible to tell what's going on with him without an examination. Is he still eating ...
10 week old newfie puppy9/27/2010
  Q: I have a ten week old Newfie puppy and he will not eat. I have tried different wet foods mixed in ...
  A: It can be difficult at times to get a puppy to eat properly when something is wrong. I'll assume ...
Siberian Husky Skin Issues9/19/2010
  Q: I have approx. a 1 y/o male Siberian Husky. I rescued him about five months ago, and the people ...
  A: That's great that you were able to rescue this guy and give him a new home. It's also great that ...
What should I be feeding my 11 year old Chihuahua?9/18/2010
  Q: My mom bought this chihuahua in 1999, female short-hair white chihuahua. Since the beginning she ...
  A: I think it's great that you were able to take her from your parents and care for her. You are right ...
Dogs and Cancer9/18/2010
  Q: I recently lost my border collie to cancer. This question may be unanswerable, but are there any ...
  A: Sorry to hear you lost your border collie. That's a hard thing to go through. I strongly believe ...
Advantage multi or not9/18/2010
  Q: Is Advantage multi the best option? Is it necessary to give heart-worm protection or are the vets ...
  A: We sell Advantage and Frontline in our store but seldom ever use it ourselves. Some people require ...
How to make my dog gain weight?9/15/2010
  Q: I have a Royal Standard Party Poodle, do basically a massive big black and white poodle. His name ...
  A: I would like to first congratulate you on feeding healthy diet. You are way up on a lot of people ...
my dogs skin9/14/2010
  Q: when i rub deep into my border collies fur my hand is covered in white powder......what could it be ...
  A: There could be a few things causing this. If she is not itching at all then it's just some doggy ...
overweight dachshund9/13/2010
  Q: I have an almost-7-year-old dachshund who is grossly overweight. She is walked about 1 km per day ...
  A: Some dogs are really hard to get the weight off of. Sounds like you are trying hard. First thing, ...
My 2 year old labrador retriever9/12/2010
  Q: I have a female Labrador and she stopped nursing her puppies about 2 weeks back. I have gone back ...
  A: While nursing, she needs at least a third more food in her diet. She should be eating more each meal ...
ingested tums9/7/2010
  Q: 28 lb 5 year old dachshund mix excellent health ingested 7 750 mg tablets of cacium carbonate ...
  A: A lot of dogs eat their owners Tums at times. I've never heard of it hurting a dog. It's basically ...
Shih poo8/28/2010
  Q: He is 2 months old, he already got his first shot, what do i do next like feedings, grooming, ...
  A: If you have not brought him home yet, make sure the first car ride is smooth and short. If you need ...
cough8/27/2010
  Q: he is a white shepherd, 9 years of age, he eats a trout and potato dog food, very active we go for ...
  A: A dog's cough can be a number of things and a sign of underlying problems. I'll have to assume your ...
nutrition8/23/2010
  Q: My six year old lab has been diagnosed with malignant tumors of testicle, prostrate and part of his ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having such problems. The tumors your dog has will feed and become larger and ...
dog food8/22/2010
  Q: whats a good food if u would like your pet 2 gain some weight
  A: I would feed a high protein, high fat diet of dry and canned food. Of course the best way to add or ...
ca oxalate8/22/2010
  Q: I have a chi/ter, he has these crystals what is a good remedy to cure this problem? Besides the meds ...
  A: I don't believe there is a "cure" for oxalate crystals once your dog gets them. You can however, ...
worms8/19/2010
  Q: i have 2 week old puppies that are mutts one female and one male . the female i think has worms . ...
  A: It does sound like roundworms as this is common in puppies. They can get them from their mom. This ...
dog licking anus8/17/2010
  Q: I have a 2 and 1/2 year old springer spaniel who for the last few weeks has been incessantly licking ...
  A: One possibility I would check out is to have his anal glands checked by your vet. If he is unable to ...
itchy,red,bitting self,licking him self8/16/2010
  Q: what can i do to help my dog from being itchy,red,bitting my self, licking,rubbing his mussle on the ...
  A: Dogs can get flea and food allergies at the same time. You can usually keep fleas at bay by feeding ...
red itchy skin irritation relief/ not medical he is already on thyroid meds8/15/2010
  Q: I already know that my lab suffers from hypothyroidism he is on thyroid meds. We feed him a raw food ...
  A: That's great you are feeding him a raw based diet. That will go a long ways to balancing him out. ...
Nutrition Help8/14/2010
  Q: My dog has an eye problem called Lipid Keratopathy and his diet needs to be low on fat. What is a ...
  A: Jason, There are many good brands of a "lite" dog food that are premium. One that we carry in our ...
help8/12/2010
  Q: Sup, i have a 3 month old havanese maltese, and every time it goes poo, it eats it, is that ok? Why ...
  A: Jake, Nobody can say for sure why dogs do this, however it is believed that they could be doing ...
dog having fits , now worse symptoms8/3/2010
  Q: my parents dog is a Malanois and German Shepherd mixed breed dog. Until recently he has never ...
  A: Sorry to hear you're having such problems. It sounds to me like he is in pain. Dog's in pain will ...
worried!!!8/2/2010
  Q: .. if so how do i stop that from happening? she loves to play shes very happy and strong gets along ...
  A: Pits can be a very unpredictable breed. We've known customers who've own them since they were ...
dog allergies7/28/2010
  Q: i have about a 9 year old Brittany spaniel mix. He had very bad fleas till I treated him but now he ...
  A: It sounds like it might be a combination of things. First, he probably developed a flea allergy and ...
dogs doesnt allow to be touched at their back7/28/2010
  Q: may i know why few dogs dont like to be touched at their back??
  A: I don't know too many dogs that don't like to be touched on their back. I know some are shy when you ...
Eating problems with my Lhasa-Poos7/28/2010
  Q: I have 2 lhasa-poos. They are 1 1/2 years old and come from the same litter. We have had them since ...
  A: Hard to say exactly what their problem is as it could be a few things. Everything from medical ...
diet7/27/2010
  Q: she weighs 30.5lbs and she is 7-8 months. She always wants to eat because she was deprived of food ...
  A: She could still be eating 3 times a day for a while. Same normal hours as us, breakfast, lunch and ...
Is Grape seed extract safe for dogs?7/25/2010
  Q: I have a 11.5 year old spayed female Siberian Husky, she has a cataract that became noticeable to ...
  A: As our dogs get older we have to learn many new things to keep them going strong. I'm glad to see ...
nine year old black lab7/24/2010
  Q: just recently, when she goes to lay down she makes a loud grunting noise like she's in some kind of ...
  A: It's possible that her joints are starting to hurt a little. If she's kind of slow to get up ...
My Bulldog7/23/2010
  Q: I think that my Bulldog Tater may have the same issues as Katie's Sam did. Is this also common in ...
  A: I found my response to Katie and her problem. This is a very common problem if you are feeding a ...
How do I get my lab husky mix to gain weight?7/22/2010
  Q: I have a beautiful female lab/husky mix. She looks more like a lab than a Siberian Husky. Since she ...
  A: I'll give you some things to try but I hope you will keep an open mind to the proper way to feed ...
Bloodhound has purple spots and hair loss7/21/2010
  Q: My bloodhound is 2 years old and a few months ago she started loosing hair on her neck and the skin ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having so many problems with your little girl. I'll try to give you a few ...
cheese and dog7/20/2010
  Q: i have a beagle mixed with chow chow and he is turning 4 this year. My brother, he keeps on feeding ...
  A: A little cheese now and then is usually not a problem. You're right about it being high in fat ...
My golden retreiver7/18/2010
  Q: and she is very thin hasn't been wanting to eat.
  A: When dogs have a tummy problem, like eating something they shouldn't have or something they are not ...
dogs eating grass7/16/2010
  Q: 1)may i know why do few dogs eat grass?? 2) sir, do tell me which feed is the best for dog's ...
  A: Nobody really knows for sure why dogs eat grass. They seem to associate this when they have an upset ...
Dog shampoo with coal tars7/15/2010
  Q: We have been using an ultra black color enhanced dog shampoo on our Scottish Terrier. Could this ...
  A: That is a very good questions. I have not heard of any such thing appearing in an enhanced dog ...
my dog7/14/2010
  Q: sir, this is my dogs photo
  A: He is a good looking dog at a good weight. Keep doing well for him. Give him good fresh meat to ...
correct feeding schedule7/14/2010
  Q: sir, can you please get me a correct feeding schedule for my dog. this is my dog picture, he's 10 ...
  A: A typical feeding schedule for most adult dogs is once in the morning and once in the evening. Some ...
providing cold water in cold climate7/14/2010
  Q: should i or shouldnt i provide my dog with cold water during cold weather?? get me the reason please ...
  A: A dog should be provided fresh clean water no matter what the temperature is. Room temperature ...
health7/13/2010
  Q: Sir, This is related to my pet's health .But Pl suggest what is possibly happening to my pet. I had ...
  A: Nihar, It almost sounds like your dog ate something he shouldn't have while being with the pet ...
dog food7/10/2010
  Q: Is it healthy for dogs if you sprinkle parmesan grated cheese on their food?
  A: A little cheese of any kind is fine for dogs, it will not hurt them. It should not be in their diet ...
Loss of appetite7/10/2010
  Q: I have a 10 year old female dog. For the past few weeks she's been refusing to eat to the point ...
  A: I'm sorry you are having such difficulties and I do understand your financial situation. Let me see ...
Lhasa Apso Puppy7/9/2010
  Q: I just adopted a 1 1/2 old male Lhasa Apso puppy. I adopted him from a rescue center and was told ...
  A: First of all, I would like to congratulate you for being a wonderful person and giving this pup a ...
puppy care7/8/2010
  Q: I have to leave for a trip overseas. I will be gone for 2 and a half weeks. I just brought a new ...
  A: You are forming a pack with him so when you the pack leader leaves, he will want to come along and ...
feeding my American Eskimo7/7/2010
  Q: I have a 9 month old male that, through fault of mine, has gotten to be a very picky eater. I tried ...
  A: Sorry for the delay getting back to you, I was away. What we typically do for our guys (two ...
Shih Tzu Shedding7/6/2010
  Q: I have an 11 month old male Shih Tzu that is shedding horribly. He is brused once a day and the ...
  A: A few things can lead to excessive shedding. The biggest is their diet of course. Other things can ...
first dog breed to be on earth7/5/2010
  Q: may i know which breed dog first originated on this earth??
  A: That's a very good question. I really don't know as there doesn't seem to be any real good proof. ...
fleas on puppies7/5/2010
  Q: I have a two week old puppy covered in fleas. Is there ANYTHING to help this poor baby? I am ...
  A: There is a product called Diatomaceous Earth that is safe and very effective. We sell a lot of it in ...
obese dachshound7/4/2010
  Q: How can we get our 14 year old miniature overweight doxie to lose weight? She wouldn't eat the diet ...
  A: This is a very common problem with a lot of folks. It happens to us as well with our beagles. We ...
Blonde Lab Food allergies,7/2/2010
  Q: My blonde lab, has food allergies, has gained about 30 lbs on Imams Healy Naturals, it seemed to ...
  A: Labs are very sensitive to the allergy producing grains in commercial foods. They are the number one ...
dog allergic to food?7/2/2010
  Q: First off, thank you for your help. I have a 5 year old mini schnauzer, female, spayed, vet checked, ...
  A: Let's put it simple. Wellness very good food, Kibbles and Bits extremely bad food. I looked online ...
dog introduction to foriegn climate6/30/2010
  Q: how to make indian born dog get used to foriegn climate ,very cold climate??
  A: Just like a human, a dog gets used to their current environment. If you are going from warm/hot ...
kids with dogs6/30/2010
  Q: how to introduce new born kids to dogs and puppies
  A: The dog does not see a newborn as human. They smell different, look different and act different. ...
natural dog coat6/30/2010
  Q: i have seen a 3 month old rottweiler pup with long coat. i was shocked to see and thought that its ...
  A: I know occasionally there will be a long haired rotty or a white rotty. These are unusual by nature. ...
Dog Spots6/29/2010
  Q: I have a staffordshire terrier who is 8 years old. Starting last summer she started to develop these ...
  A: It seems like skin disorders often stump most vets. We've had more people come into our store and ...
please help6/29/2010
  Q: What can I give my dog for pain?
  A: Your best bet is to have your vet prescribe something like Rimadyl. It's a pain reliever for dogs ...
Kelp & Alfalfa6/28/2010
  Q: Iam back & was wondering if you could tell me how much Kelp & Alfalfa my 8 month pup needs. I have ...
  A: Glad to hear from you again. We do feed some greens to our guys occasionally. We use a product ...
Ear Mites6/27/2010
  Q: My maltipoo has ear mites in one ear so I bought R-7M Ear mite treatment and have administered as ...
  A: It sounds like you are doing the right things. Are the mites not clearing up? These products are ...
dogs eating habitt6/26/2010
  Q: Why doesn't my dog eat he has been eating grass and frog poor and hardly ever touches his food ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having so many problems. Dog's are hard to figure out sometimes. I assume ...
Skin allergy in my yellow lab6/25/2010
  Q: i have a 3 year old yellow male lab with a pink nose... he has a skin allergy and we have tried ...
  A: My first guess would be of a food type allergy as this is the most common. Other skin allergies ...
supplements6/21/2010
  Q: your guidance in helping me create a nutrition plan for my 4 dogs has been so beneficial to them. ...
  A: It is a lot of work doing what you are doing for your dogs but I bet they are realizing the ...
food6/17/2010
  Q: my collie dog is 18 month and is fed 3 times a day he used to just have working dog dry food but was ...
  A: Dogs should never be on a dry food only. This is not the way nature intended them to eat and thrive ...
Health problem in Lhasa Apso6/17/2010
  Q: I have a Dog, Lhasa Apso. He is now 7 years old. From 1st of June he has stopped eating and ...
  A: I'm so sorry to hear you are having such problems. This is very hard on your dog as well as you. ...
eggs6/16/2010
  Q: with raw chicken necks, one must then deworm regularly - am anxious about worms - do you agree? With ...
  A: It would be really rare for a worm to be in a chicken neck. Dog's can get worms typically if they go ...
chicken necks6/14/2010
  Q: Kind regards Dee
  A: I just sent you info on the last question. Yes, necks are wonderful for dogs as it helps clean their ...
diet6/14/2010
  Q: Much appreciated. I have 2 cross maltese one is 6 and one is 3. I have unfortunately spoilt them ...
  A: I feel your concern for your babies and I'm sure we will be able to work this out. If your pups are ...
puppys6/14/2010
  Q: how many times a day should my 4 day old puppy be suckiling of her mothers nipples? she is 1.1lb in ...
  A: This is obviously a natural self-regulating event. You don't want to interfere unless the mom has a ...
my puppy6/13/2010
  Q: I have a 6 month old chocolate lab mixed with great pyrnees. She is 23 inches tall at the shoulder ...
  A: Sounds like a great pup. I bet she is going to get fairly large depending on the size of her ...
Yorkie poo weight6/13/2010
  Q: I have a 11 week old Yorkie Poo that weighs 2.6 lbs. Is this a normal weight for a yorkie poo, and ...
  A: Breeders have been down sizing (so to speak) the size of Yorkie's for quite some time. They breed ...
homemade meals for my dogs :)6/12/2010
  Q: I have 2 red dobermans who are about a year and a half old. They both weigh about 70 pounds and are ...
  A: Sounds like you made a wise decision for their diet. It's not an easy one I know. It's a lot of work ...
skin rash6/11/2010
  Q: my American Bulldog/Pit mix is 2.5 yrs old. It's very warm here in Los Angeles. She is an ...
  A: It sounds like your diet if fairly complete, maybe just a little adjustment. I like the combo you ...
just found a very sick puppy!!6/11/2010
  Q: my parents just found a very small puppy. its malnutritioned and dehydrated. Her mouth is very pale ...
  A: Sometimes pooping blood means she is very nervous. Sometimes it can be worse. Poisons cause blood in ...
bran to aging dogs6/9/2010
  Q: may i know why to feed bran to aging dogs??
  A: I have not heard of feeding bran to dogs. I guess a little for fiber is fine but I sure wouldn't do ...
Scratching & Shedding6/9/2010
  Q: I have a one year old shep who is constantly scratching and is really shedding. Not sure if he is ...
  A: Orijen is a super premium dog food. They are however, a grain-free formula. Your shepherd should ...
males dogs aggression over pups6/7/2010
  Q: may i know why do male dogs develop aggression over puppies
  A: It's basically the same thing a human parent is doing with their kids. Putting them in their place, ...
dogs eager to drink cold water6/7/2010
  Q: are dogs eager to drink cold water? here in india, our temperature goes upto 40degrees. yesterday ...
  A: Typically dogs do like colder water. I believe they relate this to it being fresher. The fresher the ...
not to feed gluco biscuits to dogs6/6/2010
  Q: may i know why not to feed these gluco biscuits to dogs, i mean, the biscuits which we consume??
  A: These biscuits contain wheat, this is an allergy causing grain for dogs. They also contain sugar, ...
my dog do not eat adequte food6/6/2010
  Q: "hello, i have a nine month old female dog, she is a mis breed of JSD an d LABRADOR presently her ...
  A: Your dog needs meat in her diet. She should not have milk every day. Milk and other dairy products ...
dogs loose aggression when castrated6/5/2010
  Q: sir/madam, do dogs loose their aggression when castrated. if yes, may i know why??
  A: Unneutered male dogs that are not able to mate experience frustration, which can lead to aggression. ...
dogs become fat when castrated6/5/2010
  Q: do dogs become fat when castrated, if yes. may i know why??
  A: We believe it is a good idea to neuter your dog. They will have less desire to roam, mark their ...
a few questions on a boston and also chi mix6/3/2010
  Q: i have a friend whos male boston terrior only has one testicle, and we are wondering if he is still ...
  A: I have no idea about your boston. That's something only your vet through an examination will be able ...
Cod liver oil6/3/2010
  Q: I have a boxer puppy who is 8 months old. I want to introduce cod liver oil due to its benefits as ...
  A: I congratulate you on your choice to feed a raw based diet. Your boxer pup will benefit greatly from ...
allergies?6/2/2010
  Q: I have a three year old west highland white terrier that seems to be having skin problems. She ...
  A: You were probably right about it being an allergy and 9 times out of 10 those type of skin signs ...
Canine Catnip6/2/2010
  Q: I have a question about anise, which is considered to be the canine equivalent of catnip. Hope you ...
  A: I've never used anise on any toys nor have had any customers request this for their dogs. I know ...
yorkie won't eat5/31/2010
  Q: I have a two year old Yorkie---has had some low blood sugar problems that cause him to have muscle ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having such difficulties. Sometimes we have to take extraordinary measures to ...
Pitt-bull fighting separation5/30/2010
  Q: I would like to know what is the best way to separate two dogs fighting. We have a mixed Pitt since ...
  A: It's always a frightening situation when two dogs lock into one another in a fight. A nice outing ...
about my dog5/29/2010
  Q: my pet dog is growing old. she is 13 years old. what should i do more to take best care of her?
  A: As dogs grow older they are even in more need of good high quality protein in their diet. This means ...
sores/rash on dogs skin5/28/2010
  Q: I have a 3 year old yellow lab 120 lb named Sam. Sam was rescued almost a year ago and was ...
  A: First I would like to congratulate you for your rescue of Sam. Iím sure you are giving him a warm ...
dog food5/27/2010
  Q: I have a 6 year old German Shepherd female. She is a rescue project and is turning into a beautiful ...
  A: First I congratulate you on being a rescuer. Secondly, your choice to feed raw and work at ...
Demodex and inheritablility5/26/2010
  Q: I was just wanting an an opinion if you could offer one, I would appreciate it. I have a two year ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having such problems with Eve. My experience with demodex mites is limited but ...
internal bleeding in my dog5/26/2010
  Q: my dog is a 5 month old labrador retrievernow she is having weight of 13kg . for the last 7 days she ...
  A: I'm sorry you are experiencing such problems with your dog. I'm not sure what I can do over the ...
itchy eyes5/24/2010
  Q: my chi has been rubbing her eyes lately could this be allergy related or something more serious ...
  A: Seasonal allergies are certainly big right now. Many dogs are experiencing problems. One natural ...
Loss of fur.5/19/2010
  Q: the first liason was discovered about a month and a half ago when we took her to the vets they said ...
  A: I understand your frustration and concern. Sorry to hear you are having such difficulties with such ...
Pig's pancreas for pups5/16/2010
  Q: Good day, We breed with Boerboels (South Africa), and I was told recently that if I add pig's ...
  A: I've never heard of using a pig's pancreas to solve those issues. We promote a well balance natural ...
chocolate5/15/2010
  Q: My female fox terrier x, Who is feeding three week old puppies. Stole a half a block, about 140grams ...
  A: We've had one of our dogs eat a whole big box of milk duds before and she was fine. It's always ...
Dog paws5/15/2010
  Q: Hey my dog has sore paws (between the pads) I've tried using sudocreme and Vaseline, but i can't ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having such problems. I can give you a few ideas to try but it is always best ...
Skin condition?5/7/2010
  Q: My 7 year old border collie/German shepherd mix is currently shedding her winter coat, and I have ...
  A: That is a great mix of dog, I'm sure she is a fun girl to have around. Of course a trip to the vet ...
Chewing and pulling out hair5/7/2010
  Q: He does not want these spots touched and it has gotten to the point were he just goes into a dark ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having such difficulties. First off, he should probably be taken in to the ...
witch hazel as an ear wash5/6/2010
  Q: Is it safe to use witch hazel in my dogs ears as an ear wash?
  A: Yes, witch hazel is a good ear wash. Many of the natural ear wash products use witch hazel in them ...
Dog Leg Fatty Tumor5/2/2010
  Q: My dog Zoey is about tow years old, shes a golden retriever. in February about, i noted a small ...
  A: In general, lipomas (fatty tumors) are not cancer and are not painful or dangerous unless they grow ...
How to help my senior dog lose weight,4/30/2010
  Q: MY boxer, oscar, is 9 years old and has terrible joint problems. i took him to the vet to see what ...
  A: Sorry to hear your boxer is having some difficulties. First, I would make sure he is taking a good ...
feeding/weight loss4/30/2010
  Q: Gilligan is a male American Pit Bull Terrier. He's 9 years old and other than a few ear infections ...
  A: Gilligan sounds like a great four-legged typical American kid. Sounds like you guys have had good ...
Allergies for a Lab4/29/2010
  Q: I have a Lab and he has had blood tests done that came back with allergies to the outdoors. He is ...
  A: Labs are by far the number one dog that comes to our store with allergy problems. They seem to be ...
Barking4/29/2010
  Q: I have two bichon frise puppies and every day when i leave for work they start to bark and howl. I ...
  A: Your dog's are experiencing separation anxiety. This is very common as dogs are a pack animal and ...
dog hair loss red itchy flaky skin4/27/2010
  Q: up date http://www.allexperts.com/user.cgi?m=6%26catID=701%26expID=115597%26qID=4834112 well the ...
  A: Hey Gus, They sure could have gotten it from the park. Dogs walk over a lot of things and then lick ...
My dog has skin problems4/24/2010
  Q: I have a wonderful American Bulldog, some say part pit, that is so good and smart. My problem is her ...
  A: I'm sorry to hear you and Ashaunna are having such problems. It's never good for you or the dog to ...
allergies4/24/2010
  Q: my dog daisy gets a really bad rash all through the spring/summer.Took her to p.d.s.a last year and ...
  A: I apologies for the delay getting back to you. I was just informed by AllExperts that I had a ...
dog hair loss red itchy flaky skin4/21/2010
  Q: let me tell you some past history that might help with my question. my dog is 4 years old female ...
  A: First, you should never use a human shampoo on a dog. They contain detergents that will strip the ...
Food & Tear Stains4/20/2010
  Q: I have an english bulldog who is now 7+ months old. When I got him from the breeder he was 4 months ...
  A: Innova manufactures EVO and I believe Innova to be one of the best dry food manufacturers there is. ...
nutrition4/17/2010
  Q: I feed my 2 jack russells on cooked chicken liver and ox heart weekdays and raw chicken wings at ...
  A: Typically you want to feed organ meat about 3 times a week. Or no more than about 10-15% of their ...
weight gain4/15/2010
  Q: I have an Australian Shepherd-Border Collie cross. She is just under 7 months and we stay VERY ...
  A: We need to look at Jenna's current diet and the calories she's getting. High energy dogs, working ...
Is Lemongrass safe to ingest?4/12/2010
  Q: I recently bought some wheat/barley/lemongrass tablets 500mg each. I'm wondering would it be safe to ...
  A: There are a number of theories as to why a dog does this. The most consistent ones we've heard in ...
white discharge4/11/2010
  Q: my 2 year plummer x jack russel, has 2 weeks left till her pups cum. my only concern is, theres ...
  A: I'm sure there is nothing to worry about. This is commonly part of the whelping process and is ...
Ham bone okay for my 12 lb. dog?4/8/2010
  Q: My 2 year old Cockapoo/Maltese/Pomeranian/Shih-tzu Sadie loves chewing on bones. We cooked an Easter ...
  A: It usually isn't a good idea to give any cooked bone to a dog. The cooking process causes the marrow ...
puppy vaccinations4/7/2010
  Q: I have given my puppy Vanguard Plus 5 (Distemper,Adinovirus Type 2, Parainfluenza, Parvo.. I gave ...
  A: I'm not a vet but I did find the article below that may help answer your question. There is a basic ...
my pitbull4/5/2010
  Q: my 1 year old male pitbull has swollen nipples what is it?Is he in heat
  A: If he is not neutered, you may want to consider taking him in for an examination. Sometimes male ...
hair loss scratching4/4/2010
  Q: 5 yrs, old last year he had fur loss down one side of his body from front leg back to middle of body ...
  A: It almost sounds like some type of seasonal/contact allergy. This could be new grass coming up that ...
puppy concern4/2/2010
  Q: i just got a baby blue heeler and he is now 3 months 1 week old and about 3 weeks ago both of his ...
  A: Typical blue heeler ears do not stand up until 4-5 months of age. Maybe he is an early bloomer and ...
toilte trainning4/2/2010
  Q: 1) that a medical issue please hello i got my dog 3 weeks ago from someone who dont want her ...
  A: It sounds to me like your dog is experiencing some anxiety issues. Dogs are pack animals. When they ...
Golden Retriever diet4/1/2010
  Q: I have a 4 yr old,neutered,male Golden Retriever who has food allergies. I have had two allergy test ...
  A: We've seen many dog's come through our store with similar problems that we've been able to help. It ...
substitute for canned pumpkin3/29/2010
  Q: I have been feeding my golden retriever one tsp. of canned pumpkin per cup of food for over one year ...
  A: I haven't heard of the pumpkin shortage yet. That's not good as a lot of people utilize pumpkin. ...
Shih Tzu in pain3/28/2010
  Q: my 2yr old shih tzu is female,spade and has all her "shots" she has never been sick. 2days ago in ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having such issues with you shih tzu. You did good getting her to the ER vet ...
Fleas on my 7 month old puppy3/27/2010
  Q: My 7 month year old puppy has fleas. I heard that if i give him a bath in dawn dish soap that it ...
  A: It's usually not a good idea to bathe a dog with dish soap or any human shampoo. There are ...
Sores on Back3/24/2010
  Q: My dog has bad sores on his back from biting at fleas. I have gave him all sorts of flea medicine ...
  A: Sorry to hear your guy is having some problems. First, make sure it is fleas. If you are seeing ...
My dog is affraid of walks3/23/2010
  Q: I have a 3 year old weimaraner who will no longer go on walks with me departing from my house. He ...
  A: This is definitely a dominance issue. He, as well as the other dogs need to know who the pack ...
home cooked meals3/20/2010
  Q: I started cooking for my 4 adut-senior dogs a couple of months ago when I adopted 2 of them as blind ...
  A: First, I applaud your efforts to give the best for these guys. And second, to care enough about ...
dog food3/15/2010
  Q: I hope you can help me. The other day I was looking for some more info on my Welsh corgi, and I ran ...
  A: I've seen that video floating around on the net before. For the most part he's right. Commercial dog ...
Chihuahua coffing/wheezing3/15/2010
  Q: My Chihuahua has been like wheezing/hyperventilating and shaking.I had a coff and i thought maybe i ...
  A: Sorry to hear your little baby is having problems. To be on the safe side, I would have her checked ...
pitbulls foot3/12/2010
  Q: recently about 5 days ago i noticed him limping and i looked at his paw and it seems like the pads ...
  A: Sorry to hear your guy is having problems. If you keep him in a kennel, he could be clawing at the ...
health-well-being3/10/2010
  Q: what are the keys to a long healthy happy life for a 7 year old healthy playful female jack ...
  A: Great question, glad you are doing your research. The secret to a long happy healthy life for your ...
How much to feed a 2 year old Siberian Husky3/8/2010
  Q: My Siberian Husky is 2 years old and currently weighs 52lbs. Should I continue feeding him puppy ...
  A: Nanook is a beautiful animal. Do him and yourself a favor and throw that Beneful Puppy food far, far ...
Rash / Hives - Unknown3/6/2010
  Q: . My 1 year old American Bulldog has recently developed some kind of allergy. It first appeared one ...
  A: Sorry to take so long getting back to you. I've been down in bed with a stomach flu. I'm also sorry ...
Parson Russell Terrier and itching3/5/2010
  Q: I have a year old Parson Russell Terrier - she itches constantly (year 'round) and nips at herself ...
  A: Sorry to hear about your problems with your little Terrier and taking some time to get back to you. ...
bald spots on coats3/4/2010
  Q: Dr. Roger, we have 3 chocolate cocker spaniels. All three are from different liters, all 3 have the ...
  A: Sorry to hear your having so many issues. It is a difficult thing to do to get over this type of ...
biosol for dogs with diarreha3/3/2010
  Q: i have a bottle of biosol but unfornately it says the expiration date is 2/10/10 i know its not very ...
  A: I've never used or herd anyone use biosol for dogs. I know they use it on cattle, sheep, swine and ...
puppy wont eat3/2/2010
  Q: We recently got two mastiff pups they are 9 weeks old. I took them to the vet last week for shots ...
  A: It's pretty common for a puppy not to eat too much when things get changed up on her, like being ...
Boxer Puppy food2/26/2010
  Q: I have a 6 week old boxer puppy. I got her about a week ago and she was taken from her mothers milk ...
  A: Sorry to hear about the worms, that can definitely cause a loss of appetite. That's too bad she had ...
My dog has eaten mussel shells...2/26/2010
  Q: My 10 year old Boxer cross has today emptied the bin whilst I was out and appears to have eaten ...
  A: Our four-legged kids can sure get into things can't they? If it was only a few shells and you ...
...2/21/2010
  Q: my dog lost most of his hair on the sides this time last year and after awhile it grew back but its ...
  A: Sorry to hear your dog is experiencing such problems. If it's happening every year at the same ...
dog sedation~grooming2/19/2010
  Q: is there side effects to sedation my dog is not acting the same after haircut at vet he seems ...
  A: Sorry to hear your dog is experiencing the trauma. First, do you know for sure if he was sedated or ...
Skin problem2/18/2010
  Q: McLeskey, I've recently noticed that my 4 month old doberman pincher lost some hair on his one ...
  A: Sorry to hear your baby is having difficulties. From what you are describing, it could certainly ...
supplements to homecooked food2/17/2010
  Q: My dog had a uti/with one test showing oxalate crystals. Three weeks later-retest-crystals gone. I ...
  A: Congrats on your choice to researched a homemade diet. A much healthier choice for your dog. One of ...
Question about dog food2/15/2010
  Q: Low sodium dog foods available for 7.5 yr old doachshund with CHF -- Is very picky, prefers poultry ...
  A: Sorry to hear about your baby with CHF. We also have dachshund and we are well attached. Taste of ...
Eye Drainage2/10/2010
  Q: My dog is about 9 years old he is part sheltie, part rat terrier, he has always been healthily, ...
  A: If he has any redness in his eye(s) associated with the drainage, then it is probably an infection. ...

All Questions in This Category

Dogs

Roger McLeskey

Top Expert on this page