Doll Making/Doll's Neck

Question
hello. My question is what will I use to make my doll's neck sturdier without it bending back whenever I crochet in a heavy volume of yarn hair.

Answer
Make sure you have an inner armature that is wrapped tightly all the way to the neck and wide enough to provide ample stitching to support the head
even though cloth dolls are often made with out a wire armature you can make a cloth form shaped like a dressmakers torso and packed very stiffly with wool or poly fill to put in the center of the doll that will adequately support the head and hair  

Doll Making

Susan Doyon