Doll Making/Doll's Neck

hello. My question is what will I use to make my doll's neck sturdier without it bending back whenever I crochet in a heavy volume of yarn hair.

Make sure you have an inner armature that is wrapped tightly all the way to the neck and wide enough to provide ample stitching to support the head
even though cloth dolls are often made with out a wire armature you can make a cloth form shaped like a dressmakers torso and packed very stiffly with wool or poly fill to put in the center of the doll that will adequately support the head and hair  

Doll Making

Susan Doyon

doll hair and doll wig making. Mohair washing and dyeing ,tibetan lambskin wigs for dolls.

I have done doll wig making ,mohair processing and doll hair dyeing full time for 14 years now my web site is at
I can help with questions on washing, dyeing and combing mohair .
fashoning a wig cap and sewing on the mohair weft.
I can also help with skin wigs of tibetan lambskinExperience in the areaEducation/Credentials
I was A nurse before an injury caused me to change fields