Domestic Violence/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
How do I start to feel comfortable again?9/21/2016Tonya GJ Prince, Domestic & Sexual Violence Issue Expert/Post Crisis Growth Coach
  Q: I am 22 and I was in an emotionally, physically and sexually abusive relationship from age 17 until ...
  A: First I want to congratulate you. It took a huge amount of courage to leave a relationship that was ...
How to feel comfortable again after an abusive relationship9/21/2016Susan Blocker
  A: I appreciate your inquiry. I am so sorry for the abuse you endured, but it is good that you took ...
family love8/18/2016Dianne Schwartz
  Q: I've come to the realization that in a family either or both parents tends to love one particular ...
  A: Yes, it does cause harm. Great harm. The person who isn't loved the same as the others feels like ...
I cant forget7/15/2016Laura Giles
  Q: In 2014 I was physically assulted by someone close to me. They had been taking a certain ...
  A: It sounds like you do have PTSD. Whether or not you want to take medication for it is up to you. ...
Is my husband dangerous?2/9/2016Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: I have been with this man for a 3 years. Most of the time it's great. He has a temper & so do I. I ...
  A: To answer the question you posed in the Subject line - Yes! Yes, he is dangerous. Individuals who ...
Tired2/6/2016Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: Is this a situation I need to get away from and how? I am 24 and live with my mom who is disabled. ...
  A: It sounds like you have a tough situation with your mom and there aren't too many suitable answers ...
Abuse, ending a relationship and starting a new one1/18/2016Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: Its going to be tough for me to admit some things here but I am here for advice so.... I've been in ...
  A: Domestically abusive relationships are very complicated as you well know. However, most people who ...
womens shelter1/1/2016Dianne Schwartz
  Q: .in about a year, i plan to retire after 30 yrs in the medical field. so, i am looking into the ...
  A: I would look for an opportunity to volunteer at a local shelter to get an idea of what you feel is ...
Emotional Abuse12/30/2015Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: I appreciate it. The question is: Is my mother emotionally abusive towards my dad and I? Im 17 ...
  A: I hope that you had a good Christmas! From your description, it sounds as though Mom does respond ...
Is this abuse please11/16/2015Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: I have severe anxiety and I'm beginning to think everything is my fault. My husband of 3 years ...
  A: The answer to your question is simple: YES! This is abuse. Along with the abuse is control and ...
Is there anything I can do to help her get out of an abusive marriage?9/30/2015Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: I've been dating a woman, a married woman who's in an extremely abusive and toxic relationship. Her ...
  A: It is a very difficult thing to see someone we care about going through difficulties such as this. ...
Am I in an abusive relationship?5/28/2015Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: I'm not sure if I am in an emotionally abusive relationship or I'm being overly sensitive. My ...
  A: There is a cycle to abuse. It starts with a lead up to whatever the event is...that lead up can be ...
Dating/Relationships3/6/2015Cathy Backlund, Life Coach in Abuse & Domestic Violence
  Q: I've been dating this guy for only 6 months now. I spend a lot of time with him.He's sweet and ...
  A: Listen to your inner voice and believe what you are seeing. Punching holes through walls is NOT a ...
no where to run2/16/2015Cathy Backlund, Life Coach in Abuse & Domestic Violence
  Q: I have been with my husband for 14yrs our situation is not at all ordinary we have a 13yr old son ...
  A: As you probably know, you are married to man who needs to control you and your life which is why he ...
Nephew abusing my parents9/24/2014Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: I am at my wits end.... My oldest nephew, now 24, is living with my parents and on occasion when ...
  A: I am so sorry that this is happening to your parents. It must be very difficult to watch. :( ...
child abuse9/18/2014Susan Blocker
  Q: hey, i'm 16 years old. i live in pakistan today i experienced something reallly bad my father ...
  A: I appreciate your question and I thank you for contacting me in regard to your concearns. I reside ...
my girlfriend is being abused8/29/2014Cathy Backlund, Life Coach in Abuse & Domestic Violence
  Q: My girlfriend has been abused for a large part of her life. Her mother, father, and older brother ...
  A: Calling CPS is the right thing to do and keep calling them every time you see abuse. Do any other ...
domestic abuse and theryapy8/14/2014Cathy Backlund, Life Coach in Abuse & Domestic Violence
  Q: my 23 year old daughter ran away from an abusive boyfriend 1 week ago. She went to counseling ...
  A: Either situation could have happened--your daughter could not have been totally honest with the ...
Abusive father8/4/2014Tonya GJ Prince, Domestic & Sexual Violence Issue Expert/Post Crisis Growth Coach
  Q: My father is physically and verbally abusive and I am just now coming to realize how much it has ...
  A: Greetings Sydney, It takes a high level of courage to reach out for help the way that you have ...
domestic violence7/29/2014Laura Giles
  Q: Me n my family face same problem from my aunty ( chachi ) they have daily create new seen my famliy ...
  A: I am sorry we are having a problem communicating. I am not understanding what you are saying. It ...
is this abuse?7/23/2014Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: My husband's dealing with the children can be rough. I feel concerned that his rough treatment is ...
  A: You are correct, this is no way to treat children, let alone babies, and your perceptions are not ...
lost7/3/2014Laura Giles
  Q: I am lost and have no idea what to do. My 20yr old daughter is in a horribly abusive relationship. ...
  A: You have every reason to be afraid. A person who will kill an animal is a high risk for hurting a ...
Domestic Violence6/16/2014Sonya Snyder
  Q: How many people died each year in the U.S. as a result of domestic violence?
  A: estimates vary but it is a $4.0 Billion dollar a year industry in the USA alone. Here is a link ...
I don't know, do you know?5/2/2014Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: I don't know if this is the right spot or not. I'm also sorry to bother you, your probably have lots ...
  A: It sounds like you both are having a difficult time. In reality, there is not much you can do for ...
Hoping counseling is the next option and that I'm not just being dilusional.4/10/2014Cathy Backlund, Life Coach in Abuse & Domestic Violence
  Q: my question is that I want to know if counseling is the smart choice for my husband and I or if its ...
  A: Relationships are challenging under the best of circumstances but when abuse enters into the ...
Last resource...please help me understand3/29/2014Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: First, thank you for taking the time to read this. I will try and be clear and concise with my story ...
  A: I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I've been thinking about how to answer your ...
BABY AND I RECENTLY LEFT ABUSIVE PARTNER>>>3/13/2014Dianne Schwartz
  Q: firstly, let me say THANK YOU SO MUCH for having the courage to step into your lives mission and ...
  A: Take every bullet, arrow, knife and rock...whatever you have to prove violence toward you and ...
Am I Being Emotionly Abused? If I Am, What Can I Do?2/12/2014Sharman Castillo
  Q: I'm not sure if this was the right spot to ask this question. I'm a 16 year old girl, for as long ...
  A: Sweetheart,never feel bad about wanting to talk to someone about your problems, I have been there. I ...
Emotional Abuse1/31/2014Sharman Castillo
  Q: my husband threaten to use the hx of my depression and anxiety against me because I found some clues ...
  A: Delia, Believe me, I know what you mean, I give advice to others and then neglect myself. But ...
i never stop1/27/2014N/A
  Q: How can i get her back in my life? Tell me how cause i never stop loving her...im sorry..4045122597
  A: Darnelte, I ignored your last message, but I figured that I ought to respond this time. So, you ...
I think my husband has really changed, but I still don't want to reconcile1/12/2014Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: I have been married for over 15 years. Throughout the marriage, my husband has struggled with ...
  A: You ask a good question. Staying in a marriage out of obligation is very different than staying in ...
suppressed or not?12/29/2013Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: I spent four abusive years married to a man with antisocial personality disorder. After my son was ...
  A: Out of respect for your process and for the counselor you are working with, this is a question that ...
How can she not love me anymore?11/4/2013Dianne Schwartz
  Q: "My wife and I have been separated since our domestic dispute over a month ago. I was arrested and ...
  A: You are completely missing the point. You are focused on everything but the real issue which is: you ...
How can she suddenly change to someone I dont know?11/4/2013Laura Giles
  Q: My wife and I have been separated since our domestic dispute over a month ago. I was arrested and ...
  A: Your wife is afraid of you. That is why she is doing what she's doing. She also loved you a week ...
How can my wife feelinhgs change for me so fast?11/4/2013Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  A: Your question is very difficult to answer simply because I don't know either one of you and you are ...
Why is she back tracking?11/2/2013Sharman Castillo
  A: Shawn It is probably best that you both don't get back together. But I think the reason why she ...
Why do we stay?7/30/2013Cathy Backlund, Life Coach in Abuse & Domestic Violence
  Q: My question isn't so much if I am in an abusive relationship or not. I can answer that one now. It ...
  A: First of all, I am glad to hear that you are in therapy and working through these issues. It is not ...
Abusive Husband7/5/2013Sharman Castillo
  Q: My husband has hit me in the past (3 years ago). He went into counselling and improved. However, I ...
  A: I read your question and will answer, but first I would like to thank you for asking me. I have a ...
web site6/30/2013Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: Please post your web site instead of telling people., "Go to my web site" GIVE PEOPLE INFORMATION ...
  A: My apologies Gayle. The AllExperts website is supposed to post a signature to all my responses that ...
Is my marriage over6/9/2013Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: In the past 6 months our lives got extremely stressful as my husband took 2 jobs in another city. ...
  A: I am so sorry to hear what has happened. Long distance relationships can be very hard to maintain ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Domestic Violence

Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP

Top Expert on this page