Domestic Violence/two abusive relationships

Helligal wrote at 2013-02-26 03:24:51
I was married to an abuser for 29 years can't think how, just no money of my own and nowhere to go! I would run down the road in tears to my brother or cousin in floods only to be comforted and told that really he was not a bad chap he was kind they said!!! He flirted with my friends (he was attractive, He thought he was beautiful)! He left photos in the desk drawers etc: of his exes in bikinis. told me I couldn't sing, took over the cooking because I cooked 'healthy' food not fat laden muck. He never gave me any housekeeping money at all! He would often tell me I was wrong often! he started taking things , I would comb the place looking, then a few days later i'd find it, he slapped me,then he started punching me, I got out by telling the Doc I felt suicidal and wanted counselling then I met a woman in charge of dom/violence and in no time at all I was given a Bungalow it is so peaceful and warm...I'm Happy watch out for 'The light Bulb@ effect. quite suddenly you know whats happening and no, there is nothing wrong with you at all.

Domestic Violence

Dianne Schwartz

Relationship, self-love, domestic violence, personal and spiritual growth, self-examination to define the reasons we have pulled unhealthy people into our lives and how to end this destructive practice.

Author of, "Whose Face is in the Mirror?" One woman's journey through the nightmare of domestic violence to true healing. Website for battered women and non-profit organization that assists victims of abuse.

Domestic violence director of The Peace at Home Program. Court approved trainer and speaker on domestic abuse.

This book was reviewed by The Library Journal

Book was chosen as Hay House Publishing "Book of the Year."