Domestic Violence/Failure to report

Question
Good morning,

My 12 year old daughter's stepfather is a Deputy Sheriff in Virginia.  He witnessed my daughter being hit in the face by her mother but did not report it and in fact blocked my daughter from calling me (knowing that I would report it).  Is this criminal?  Who would I contact to file a complaint?

Chris

Answer
Hello,

You would contact child protective services (CPS) in the city where the child lives. Report what you know and they will look into it. If you need help locating whom to call, just send me the city and I will look it up for you. CPS will decide if it's an actionable offense or not.

Sincerely,

Laura Giles

Domestic Violence

Laura Giles