Domestic Violence/Abusive Husband

Question
My husband has hit me in the past (3 years ago). He went into counselling and improved. However, I can see that he is starting to go back to his old ways. I drew up an agreement that he would not put his hands on me again, but he refused to sign it. I would like your view point on why do you think he refused to sign it. What is the first thought that comes to your mind?

Answer
Dear Kittytruelove,

I read your question and will answer, but first I would like to thank you for asking me. I have a few theories but the first one that comes to mind is, perhaps he is afraid that if he signs it and one day you both end up in court, you would have the evidence you need to prove that he was an abusive person because his signature is on a document supporting the fact. He would be admitting in a legal binding document that he had hit you in the past and that he was promising you, he would not do it again.
    Another reason is (not that I agree). is that perhaps he thinks it's stupid to sign a paper saying he wont hit you. If he does, he does and if he doesn't then he doesn't. If you dont like it leave.
    Or, if he doesn't sign it, he wont be held accountable.
    All I can say is be safe. Take care of you. It has been good so far but dont let it advance, only you can truly keep you safe. I will be praying for you.
         Sharman Castillo

Domestic Violence

Sharman Castillo