Doors, The (Jim Morrison)/Dance Concerts

hugo5 wrote at 2011-03-29 11:53:53
The Doors first played in New York in November 1966 at the Ondine. This poster is a fake. There are many fake posters around with concerts that never happened.

dotboy wrote at 2011-10-02 13:11:42
I have a poster it says they played on August 4, 1966 with jefferson airplane at the Cavern on Bleeker street. Poster is from the front door of the Cavern taken off by a friend

angel63456 wrote at 2012-01-30 22:33:43
I grew up in the village, on Bleecker Street...there was no "Underground Cavern" that I EVER heard of, and I was HEAVY into the music scene then. I'm pretty sure that this is an imaginary  poster reproduction. Had the Stones and Jefferson Airplane been playing anywhere NEAR there in August of 1966 there would have been a RIOT.

Sorry to burst your bubbles.

XOXOX

P

Txgalnva wrote at 2013-02-02 14:19:11
According to the poster inu doctor's office, Soecial Guest

was Jefferson Airplane.  

James wrote at 2013-02-25 20:59:24
Captain Gary Schafrick and the Buggywhip Blues Band, introducing Cythia Freckle, have a hand bill about show

Doors, The (Jim Morrison)

JayDixon