Doors, The (Jim Morrison)/Robbie Krieger's 1968 Hollywood Bowl rig

elawrenc wrote at 2012-11-11 23:05:08
The answer is....One. To Robbies dismay. The Doors were fired up to play in their backyard at the Hollywood Bowl so they called Acoustic to provide them as many amps as they could. Acoustic delivered 52 amps and lined them up on the stage. The fire marshall came around and said, uh-uh, only one amp each. (I think they used 2 for Jim) So Robbie only got to play out of one amp.

My source is the DVD of the Doors at the Hollywood Bowl. There's a little more to the story but I didn't want to spoil it all in case you ever get to see it.  

Doors, The (Jim Morrison)

JayDixon