Doors, The (Jim Morrison)/A Doors, Jim Morrison song

hugo5 wrote at 2011-03-29 11:48:59
A friend of Jim's, Frank Lisciandro, and his wife were in Africa and when they returned, Frank and his wife would often say to each other, "Hey, do you remember when we were in Africa..." when something happened which reminded them on their trip. Jim used to put them on by saying also "Hey, do you remember when we were in Africa..." Eventually he put this line in Wild Child.

Kristi wrote at 2011-07-22 20:32:40
According to Frank Lisciandro (a good friend of Jim's), the line, "Do you remember when we were in Africa" is actually Jim referring to Frank and his wife, Kathy, as they had just returned from Africa (they went with the Peace Corps) and kept referring back to their trip.  Frank talks about it in one of his books, I can't remember whether it's Feast of Friends or An Hour for Magic.

Also, it has been said that the song makes reference to Danny Sugerman - the part about, "not your mother's or your father's child, you're our child, screamin' wild".

ReyLagarto wrote at 2015-04-13 03:22:23
Morrison literary references: Arthur Rimbaud (Wild Child talks about him)

Referencias literarias de Morrison: Arthur Rimbaud (Wild Child habla sobre Úl)

Doors, The (Jim Morrison)

Carissa