Doors, The (Jim Morrison)/Jim Morrison death and funeral??

I've long been a big fan and have always wondered how, why and what actually happened to Jim Morrison when he died.

My question is why wasn't there an autopsy, why was he buried the next day, why were only 2 people present and was there a cover-up.

I would think that the remaining family of Jim Morrison would want answers to these questions and why wasn't the body exhumed and verified? Along with finding out the true cause of death. What if Jim's soul roams the earth looking for someone to find out the truth before he can rest peace? He was an amazing writer, visionary and inspiration....the truth of his death should be know to all.

I want to taste it, hear it, smell it. Death is only going to happen to you once. I don’t want to miss it.”
–Jim Morrison

The day that Jim died, his father was visiting Washington, D.C. giving a keynote speech at the decommissioning of the USS Bon Homme Richard, the naval ship upon which he served for many years. He, like the rest of us, did not hear of his son’s death until it was announced on the radio and television news. He would return to Guam without visiting us.
The Admiral was super cool and composed about the whole thing. He decided there was no point in returning to America as Jim had already been buried. So, we did not see the elder Morrison’s until the Admiral’s tour of duty ended two years later. Even then, we never really talked about the details of Jim’s death. In a strange sort of way, it was easier to deal with a dead Jim than a 400-pound lizard in America’s living room.
I never saw Anne or Andy hug and comfort each other, nor did I witness the Admiral consoling either one of them. They just didn’t talk about it openly. The Morrison’s are not touching or demonstrative people – perhaps a cursory peck now and then – but nothing too emotional or visceral. Occasionally, Clara would drop a hint or two about her belief that Pamela’s hands were not clean -- Out, damned spot. No family memorial service was held for Jim nor did we commemorate him on the anniversary of his death, at least not together as a family.
“People fear death even more than pain. It’s strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death.
At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend.” –Jim Morrison
As I tell this story, the memories are as fresh as rain. They are tangled up in a jumble of sad and mad, happy and funny, bittersweet and poignant, regret and fate.

Al.  Graham  

Doors, The (Jim Morrison)

Alan graham

All questions on the subject of Jim and the Morrison family.

I am Jim Morrison's brother in law, I married his sister Anne in 1966, I am the author of two books, a documentary and a Rock Opera on the subject of Jim and the Morrison family.