Dr. Who/Next Generation?

I just read that Star Trek the Next Generation referenced Dr. Who in the episode "The Neutral Zone"
Can you tell me what that was about as I didn't watch The Next Generation as much as the original Star Trek series.

Is a Dr. Who movie coming out?

Doctor Who has been mentioned on Star Trek a suprisingly large number of times.

The Naked Now: A sonic driver is used to open a force field (cf sonic screwdriver)
I, Borg: The Argolis Cluster was named after the planet Argolis (cf The Leisure Hive)
Future Tense: The time travel pod has the same analomy as the TARDIS (bigger on the inside)

But the reference you are talking about is actually quite well known. In the story in question (The Neutral Zone) a family tree is displayed for Clare Raymond. On that display are William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison and Colin Baker (in other words, the actors who played the first six Doctors)

Dr. Who

Harry Hayfield

In the Doctor`s 40th anniversary year, there are bound to people with question about Doctor Who. If you have such a question, then I shall try my best to answer it for you. Doctor Who is a television program and not a doctor, MD, physican.

Been interested in Doctor Who since 1980 and have the highlights of the Doctor's stories