Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman/sully

I don't understand Sully saying he felt sorry for Catherine.
Is kissing, hugging, holding hands,putting your hand on some
ones knee letting them hug you,don't you think that is more to this?I am so hurt at Sully.Please tell me if I am the only one that feels like.
Thank you

Hi Julie,

You are not alone in wondering about Sully's behavior toward Catherine and why he was so involved with her. A lot of people speculate it was because she was affectionate where Dr. Mike was more reserved. And since Sully had been married before, he knew all about the physical intimacy that Dr. Mike didn't. He was also a more touchy-feely person and more affectionate overall.

Also, Catherine was a white woman living among Cheyenne. He had done the same. And he had lost many of his Indian "family" from massacres and diseases, etc. So, he could relate to Catherine, and he did feel sorry for her.

But the touching and kissing I believe had more to do with what Sully wanted from Dr. Mike but wasn't getting yet. And it was also the writers wanting to add some tension to the relationship, which it did.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Tiffany Amber Stockton

I don`t know where to begin to describe my level of expertise and knowledge regarding the wonderful show: Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. I guess I will start from the beginning. I began watching the show with the first episode of the second season. With the help of friends, I discovered there was a first season, and they loaned me their tapes which has the episodes on them. I was hooked on the show from the beginning, and I never missed an episode! I now have every episode on tape (non-syndicated and uncut), and I have seen all of them at least three times. I have also been out to the set, where they film, and have met all of the cast and most of the crew who work on the show. I now have friendly relationships with several of those I met. There is no question I cannot answer, and if I do not know the answer right away, I can find it within a couple of days. Feel free to contact me and ask whatever question you would like, and I will do my best to get an answer back to you, promptly.

B.S. Education (with honors); taught DQ in my classroom; have answered DQ questions for many other inquisitive fans; several stories written about DQ; manage the official Dr. Quinn Web Site (http://www.drquinnmd.com)

ACFW - American Christian Fiction Writers HWA - Historical Writers of America

12 historical fiction novels in print so far various print magazines and online e-zines

Bachelor of Science in Education, minor in History

best-selling author of over 10 novels favorite new author of 2008 best historical novel of 2009, 2010 reader's choice winning novel in 2009, 2010