Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman/sully

Question
hi
I don't understand Sully saying he felt sorry for Catherine.
Is kissing, hugging, holding hands,putting your hand on some
ones knee letting them hug you,don't you think that is more to this?I am so hurt at Sully.Please tell me if I am the only one that feels like.
Thank you
Julie.

Answer
Hi Julie,

You are not alone in wondering about Sully's behavior toward Catherine and why he was so involved with her. A lot of people speculate it was because she was affectionate where Dr. Mike was more reserved. And since Sully had been married before, he knew all about the physical intimacy that Dr. Mike didn't. He was also a more touchy-feely person and more affectionate overall.

Also, Catherine was a white woman living among Cheyenne. He had done the same. And he had lost many of his Indian "family" from massacres and diseases, etc. So, he could relate to Catherine, and he did feel sorry for her.

But the touching and kissing I believe had more to do with what Sully wanted from Dr. Mike but wasn't getting yet. And it was also the writers wanting to add some tension to the relationship, which it did.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Tiffany Amber Stockton