Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman/Jane/Joe...confirmed

Question
I actually didn't know that you answered the rest of my questions because I've been waiting on the email confirmation all this time.  

All I can say is WOW! I don't know how the heck you know all this stuff, but I'm so glad you do! I had pretty much decided that there were just some things about this couple that I would never know my answers to, and one of the BIG questions was if they ever had "moments" behind the scenes after their break-up.  

I was really leaning towards "Yes" to that question, based on their interviews and little comments that they've made.  When Joe reminded her that he wanted the wedding to be real, that kinda told me that they discussed this.  I mean, honestly, if Jane wasn't such a self-proclaimed "loyal" person, I would wonder if they ever had an affair.  I actually think that it's quite amazing that they've never cheated with a 20 year passion that's still quite palpable.  Not so much now, because, like you said, they are obviously happy.  But back in the day, when Joe was pining for her, it wouldn't have surprised me at all.

So you pretty much confirmed to me that they still had to address and deal with their feelings.  But I specifically wanted to confirm to you that I now believe what you said about Joe and the kids based on Perfectly Prudence.  I pulled up an interview that Joe did where he discussed how life imitates art and art--life in the movie.  Basically, he says that a lot of things in the movie are "real-life" inside jokes between he and Jane, and even some things very closely parallel their past that no one really would know about.  

So once he said that, of course, I went back and watched it and saw all kinds of things that confirmed what you said and other things I thought to be true.  He made a statement that he didn't understand why Jane didn't tell him about Katie being his daughter and why was she doing it now.  She tells him, "Because now you're ready to be a father." Her point was, of course, back in the day, you weren't ready to be her father, but you have matured.  There were other things too, like when he says, "You got married 4 months after we broke up!" to which Jane retorts, "You knew I would've married you but it scared you stupid!"  I mean, I saw some parallels before, but after talking with you, I saw a whole lot more.

Are there any other parallels between their real relationship and Perfectly Prudence to your knowledge?  

And thanks again for being so candid.  You're details about Joe continually professing his love well after the fact gave me goosebumps, chills and put a smile on my face--Lol!

Answer
Hmm, more parallels in the movie beyond the marriage and not knowing about his daughter? I'd honestly have to go back and watch the movie again to make note, though I know there were others. The cooking thing where Joe cooks and Jane doesn't is true to life (though Jane learned). And so much about the characters' passionate past is definitely an inside joke based on their real experiences/emotions. Jane moved on quickly after she realized Joe wasn't ready, and Joe realized his mistake, but he believed he was too late when he saw Jane with James. Again, both of them are happy and fulfilled with their respective spouses, but that history will always be with them.

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Tiffany Amber Stockton