Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman/Joe/Jane--Mike/Sully

Question
Ok, this is more of a clarification question.

You mentioned that Joe confessed that he still loved Jane, and you implied it was around '94 because you said that's why '94-'96 were so tumultuous.  Are you just making general statements, or do you know in detail when this occurred?  I noticed that '94 is when they actually started getting physical on the show.  Their first "real" kisses were Abduction and Return Engagement, and particularly Return Engagement.  To me, the engagement kiss is one of THE most realistic kisses they shared.  Am I on to something that as the show "heated" up, it got to be too much for Joe?

Answer
Yes, Joe confessed he still loved Jane even though she was married to James. They both knew nothing could be done about it, but Joe promised to remain professional. Of course, he also enjoyed knowing Jane still held a passion for him, and he knew he could melt her with one look or meaningful touch. So, he didn't exactly make it easy on her when their characters heated up in their relationship.

It isn't that it became "too much" for Joe. It was a strain for them both, having to portray such deep and heartfelt emotion on screen then turn around and go home apart, given their still existent feelings for each other. They eventually turned down the heat a bit in the later seasons, but seasons 2-4 are among the best!

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Tiffany Amber Stockton