Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman/Many Dr. Quinn questions

kvalence wrote at 2013-01-17 06:29:56
#4 is actually the same thing I was wanting to ask, but I'm trying not to wear Tiffany out--LOL...  But, yes, to me, there are conflicting stories from them about how they handle Jane's past with Joe.  All I've heard is how Joe and James got along so well together behind the scenes, even though Jane and Joe bickered.  I thought, well I guess he is trying to keep the situation from being even worse by getting involved.  

Then I heard his commentary on Point Blank where he mentioned that people ask him how he feels about them making out all the time on TV.  He said the usual "Oh well, it's actually embarrassing with all those people around and all those cameras...people just don't know how uncomfortable it is, but since I'm the producer, it's wonderful that they have so much chemistry--good for tv."  I was thinking to myself, Jane has admitted in interviews that sometimes when doing a love scene with Joe, it is 'real' and the writers say how 'comfortable' and authentic their love scenes were.  

But on the Bill Boggs interview on youtube, Jane made a statement when asked the same question that was kind of confusing.  She said "Before you got involved with me, but then it got harder." I guess she meant, since they met on Sunstroke, and they weren't together, directing her in those love scenes was fine, but once he started dating her, directing her on Quinn with Joe got difficult.  

But, yes, I have been wanting to ask you to clarify what you feel the "REAL" deal was with all of that.  Was he really as honky-dory with it all as he is trying to suggest, or did it 'possibly' make him even the slightest bit cautious?  

Although Jane obviously loves and is committed to James, I think he would have to be quite foolish to not have been a little concerned.  I tend to believe the hearsay about him directing on the show to 'keep and eye on them'.  I hadn't heard that before, but it makes so much sense.

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Tiffany Amber Stockton

I don`t know where to begin to describe my level of expertise and knowledge regarding the wonderful show: Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. I guess I will start from the beginning. I began watching the show with the first episode of the second season. With the help of friends, I discovered there was a first season, and they loaned me their tapes which has the episodes on them. I was hooked on the show from the beginning, and I never missed an episode! I now have every episode on tape (non-syndicated and uncut), and I have seen all of them at least three times. I have also been out to the set, where they film, and have met all of the cast and most of the crew who work on the show. I now have friendly relationships with several of those I met. There is no question I cannot answer, and if I do not know the answer right away, I can find it within a couple of days. Feel free to contact me and ask whatever question you would like, and I will do my best to get an answer back to you, promptly.

B.S. Education (with honors); taught DQ in my classroom; have answered DQ questions for many other inquisitive fans; several stories written about DQ; manage the official Dr. Quinn Web Site (http://www.drquinnmd.com)

ACFW - American Christian Fiction Writers HWA - Historical Writers of America

12 historical fiction novels in print so far various print magazines and online e-zines

Bachelor of Science in Education, minor in History

best-selling author of over 10 novels favorite new author of 2008 best historical novel of 2009, 2010 reader's choice winning novel in 2009, 2010