Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman/Jane's dating history

Question
Hi, Tiffany...

I just saw a recent clip of Jane doing an interview about her artwork and what not. During the interview, the female reporter made a remark about how she and her girlfriends are jealous of Jane because of her on-screen relationship with Sully back in the Dr. Quinn days.  Jane went on about how she and Joe are still bff's; they cook together, both have lots of kids, and oh btw--used to date.  So the male and female interviewers are quite shocked by this--Lol.  So the guy interviewing her was like, "So you guys weren't always acting??? Sometimes it was real...so do you think your history made it easier to do the scenes???"  Jane was like, "ehhh...I would not necessarily say it made it easier..." They all fell out laughing.  
So basically, the guy goes on to ask her if she also had a real-life relationship with Christopher Reeves, to which I expected Jane to respond--No, no, Chris is a great friend, or whatever.  Jane is so brutally honest...she paused for a few seconds and said, "Chris and I had a very, very close relationship." I was shocked! I know this is supposed to be answers about Dr. Quinn and your expertise may not spread this far, but I would bet if there's something to know, you probably know it, Lol.  I have always noticed how highly Jane speaks of Chris, and really he for her as well.  The whole way they describe the experience on the set of Somewhere in Time sounded like they fell in love to me, but I've never seen anything that confirmed this and I still can't find anything online.  I also thought Jane & Chris were married at the time, but I checked on IMDB just now, and Jane was in between her 2nd & 3rd marriage, and Chris had a girlfriend that was 2 months pregnant.  Now it seems quite plausible to me that they had a fling but it didn't go anywhere because his lady-friend was about to have a baby.  Do you know anything about any of this, and do you think that this was an admission from Jane that she and Chris did have a physical relationship?
It's funny; I'm noticing that a lot of Jane's co-stars seem to be quite taken by her.  (Owen Wilson, Tim Matheson, Chris, Joe, Tom Selleck, Stephen Collins, & eve Donny Osmond & Warreyn Beatty, even though they didn't co-star)

Answer
Hi Gabrielle,

You are correct in that a lot of Jane's costars fall for her. She has a rather magnetic personality and exotic beauty that draws men to her, especially those with whom she has a close working relationship for TV or movies.

As for her and Chris Reeve, unfortunately, nothing has been publicly confirmed aside from both of them admitting to sharing an intimate friendship. Yes, Jane was in between husbands and Chris had a girlfriend who had just found out she was pregnant, but knowing what I do of Jane and Chris, I wouldn't be surprised. I can't say one way or another with absolute certainty, and honestly, at this point, I'm not sure if it's important. It is enough for me to see and enjoy the on-screen chemistry and appreciate Jane for her ability to compel viewers the way she does.

Her personal life is hers, and I never asked about prior relationships beyond her current husband, James. Of course, Joe was a given. :)

Hope this helps!

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Tiffany Amber Stockton