Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman/Joe in therapy

Question
Ok...
Another question, but this one is quick:
I know that Joe has openly talked about being very hurt after he and Jane broke up.  Here's an excerpt of an article where I just assumed that Jane was the real cause of this 'low point'.

"That lesson was hard-learned the first season of Dr. Quinn, when instant fame brought Lando loneliness. "In acting class they teach you how to get there ... but once you're there, nobody tells you what to do then," he says. "That's when you see so many people get lost. For a good year I was screwed up, but privately."

As I told someone: one reason I don't believe that new-found fame excuse is because he has another article where he states that OLTL helped him adjust to the fame thing more so than Quinn.

But my real question is this: I was talking with someone on a fan page who said she read a while back that Joe needed therapy to help get over Jane.  It had been a long time and she couldn't remember where she saw it, but she was pretty sure she saw it.  It did sound familiar to me, but the above quote is the closest thing I can find to what she said.  Do you know anything of this?

Answer
Hi Gabrielle,

You are correct. Joe struggled a lot with his break-up from Jane, but he never went into official therapy to recover. He merely licked his wounds and attempted to heal in private. Joe isn't one to believe he needs a therapist, though there were times when maybe he should have gone to see one, especially when things got rather stressful between him and Jane, and Joe began lashing out in anger prior to fully healing and being able to move on.

Joe is a very private person. He makes doubly certain most of his private life remains that way. He doesn't share much and makes sure not much gets out to the public. Most of what you hear is usually speculation from fans or readers. Suffice it to say Joe was hurt quite a lot by his relationship with Jane failing, but just like anyone else getting over a break-up, he healed in his own way.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Tiffany Amber Stockton