Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman/Dr. Quinn reunion and other questions

Hi Tiffany!

I'm a big fan of The Dr. Quinn show and I heard the radio reunion show back in March when it aired. Learned a lot of interesting things about the show. To my delight I heard that Beth Sullivan was currently trying to get back the rights of the show to make a new movie. Also that there may be a possible reunion of some sort. I haven't heard anything new beyond what I heard from the radio reunion. Do you know if they are still actively pursuing this happening? When would it happen? Would there be both a movie and a reunion? I hope it would sooner than later since its already been so many years since Dr. Quinn was on tv. Any information would make my day:). Also do you know of any fan address where I could write to Beth Sullivan? I just really would like to tell her what this show means to me and to thank her.

Also I heard that Jane Seymour was asked last minute to play the role of Dr. Quinn. Why was this? Who else did they have considered for the role? I couldn't even Imagine anyone else playing the role.

Thanks so much!!

Hi Erin,

My apologies for taking so long to reply. Life sometimes decides to throw curve balls, and then we have to play catch-up.

Anyway, yes, Beth Sullivan is still actively pursuing the attempt to regain the rights back to Dr. Quinn. Right now, nothing is certain about what she will do with the rights IF she and her legal team can persuade CBS to release them to her. Bare minimum, she would like to do a reunion show with as many of the cast & crew as possible. There isn't any other information at this time, but stay tuned to the Official Dr. Quinn web site ( for the latest news.

Unfortunately, Beth does not have a publicized email or mailing address available for fan contact, but if you have a message for her, I will be happy to forward it for you.

As for Jane Seymour and being asked last-minute to play Dr. Quinn, that was because the show didn't seem to be one that would go anywhere beyond the Pilot episode. Beth even had a hard time convincing the major networks to take her on to produce and air the Pilot. Then, the pre-screening results came back with ratings through the roof, and CBS realized it might work after all. The casting director had sent out invitations to several actresses, but they all declined. None of them had the name recognition of Jane, though, and when her agent presented the script to her, she jumped at the chance. The rest, as they say, is history. :)

Hope this all helps!

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Tiffany Amber Stockton

I don`t know where to begin to describe my level of expertise and knowledge regarding the wonderful show: Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. I guess I will start from the beginning. I began watching the show with the first episode of the second season. With the help of friends, I discovered there was a first season, and they loaned me their tapes which has the episodes on them. I was hooked on the show from the beginning, and I never missed an episode! I now have every episode on tape (non-syndicated and uncut), and I have seen all of them at least three times. I have also been out to the set, where they film, and have met all of the cast and most of the crew who work on the show. I now have friendly relationships with several of those I met. There is no question I cannot answer, and if I do not know the answer right away, I can find it within a couple of days. Feel free to contact me and ask whatever question you would like, and I will do my best to get an answer back to you, promptly.

B.S. Education (with honors); taught DQ in my classroom; have answered DQ questions for many other inquisitive fans; several stories written about DQ; manage the official Dr. Quinn Web Site (

ACFW - American Christian Fiction Writers HWA - Historical Writers of America

12 historical fiction novels in print so far various print magazines and online e-zines

Bachelor of Science in Education, minor in History

best-selling author of over 10 novels favorite new author of 2008 best historical novel of 2009, 2010 reader's choice winning novel in 2009, 2010