Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman/jane and joe

Question
Hi
This summer I kind of "rediscovered" DQMW, and only now did I find out that Joe and Jane have a history together. Anyway, I know there has been a lot of questions about their relationship etc. But in one of your answers you wrote that there was a 'rough patch' between them after the show was cancelled, and I wondered if you could elaborate on that. Did they fall out or? It must have been difficult in some sense to go from spending a lot of time together to no time together at all.

Thanks in advance.

Answer
Hi Helle,

You are not the first person to discover the relationship between Jane and Joe nor the first to ask about the rough patch or what happened to them. I see you have read the other answers I have posted, so you have a lot of the information about their relationship as it has occurred. As for the "rough patch" it was merely a struggle around the time of Joe getting married, since Jane and Joe had such a passionate history together and they still worked together day in and day out, filming romantic scenes and being married on the show.

They never did have a "fall out" as you put it, but there was a time when Joe went to work, played his part, and went home. Eventually, they worked through the issues and were able to re-establish their friendship, building it back to what it is today.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Tiffany Amber Stockton