Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman/dances

Question
Tiffany, I was wondering if you can identify the dances throughout the show.
Thanks so much,
Kristen

Answer
Kristen,

Are you referring to the dances performed by the townsfolk or by the Cheyenne Indians? Or are you looking for the ones Michaela danced in Boston and in formal settings? There is a lot of dancing that took place in various forms. I'm not well-versed in the names of all of them, unfortunately. What I do know is the set directors and scriptwriters consulted the Smithsonian for accuracy to the time period, so you might try doing a simple Google search for popular dances in Boston, Colorado, and among the Cheyenne Indians in the 1860's or 1870's.

Hope that helps!

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Tiffany Amber Stockton