Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman/Riding astride

Question
Hi Tiffany,
I just discovered your amazing expertise here! My question is about the women all riding astride. Do you think that's accurate for the time period in the western territories?
Thanks,
Kristen

Answer
Hello Kristen,

Actually, riding astride would be MORE common in the untamed western territories than in the more "civilized" towns and cities further east. The western territories were the first to see women wearing blue jeans and pantaloons as well as the split riding skirts, primarily out of necessity and functionality as opposed to fashion and proper attire.

Not only am I well-versed in a lot of things pertaining to Dr. Quinn, but I am also a multi-published historical fiction author with more than 20 titles to my credit. All the research I've done for those books and the research I continue to do helps in answering questions such as this one for viewers and fan such as yourself. :)

Hope this helps!

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Tiffany Amber Stockton