Dragon Ball, DB Z, DB GT/DBAF

Question
I know that dbaf is not real just to clarify. But, Toyable wrote his own AF and I was reading it and on the website it said you could buy the volumes. So my question is, is Toyable allowed to sell his DBAF Fan comic for profit because he doesn't own the right Toriyama does. Or did Toyable like ask permission to sell it for profit

Answer
Well it's always possible the link is a gimmick by some random person.

If he truly is trying to sell his own volumes, I wouldn't say it's ENTIRELY legal, but I highly doubt there would be any legal ramifications unless he started making enormous profits. I've certainly never seen any news about Toyble, or anybody for that matter, attaining a special copyright for Dragon Ball related material from Toei Animation.

I'm not exactly an expert on legal issues, but if volumes are being sold, that would mean Toyble has somebody producing actual books I would assume, and I would take a guess that there would be nothing wrong with that as long is it's entirely made by him and sold fairly. I know it's legal to draw anime characters and sell the art at anime conventions, so it should be no big deal. Not sure if that's a good comparison or not...

All in all, I wouldn't give it too much thought, most people know what AF is by now, and throughout the literally billions of people who know about Dragon Ball, there's always somebody trying to make a profit and succeeding. Whether it's Toyble himself or not.

Thanks for the question!! :D

Dragon Ball, DB Z, DB GT

DBZ Guru (Kellen Engen)