Dramatic Movies/Western Movie

JonS wrote at 2008-10-13 17:57:50
Stephen

I vaguely remember the scene Randy is referring to. It is I think near the beginning of the movie. The two leads have been captured and tied up by two outlaws in an isolated cabin on a particularly flat piece of prairie. The outlaws ride off (probably stealing our leads' horses). Our two heroes struggle free and while the younger one watches the outlines of the outlaws diminishing into the far distance, the other (older) character takes down a Sharp's (or similar) rifle and carefully, deliberately loads it. As the younger character urges him on, the older man takes careful aim and fires. The POV cuts to the two outlaws who are already a great distance from the cabin and we hear the whine of the bullet as it flies towards them. Suddenly, one of the two horses falls. I think the marksman then goes on to reload the rifle and repeats the exercise with the other outlaw.

Hope that helps.

Jonzy wrote at 2008-10-14 21:06:25
I think you might be thinking of a scene from 'Billy Two Hats' in which Gregory Peck is shot at extreme long range with a Sharp's buffalo rifle.

You can see the scene in a trailer for the movie on the aol video site

John Smith 987 wrote at 2009-01-23 08:16:27
Try "Quigly Down Under" with Tom Selleck.  He was a sharpshooter hired to shoot a great distance.  Once he got there he found out they wanted hit to murder the Aborigonese just because they were an inconvenience.  He went on to defend them against the wealthy man who had initially hired him.

John Smith 987 wrote at 2009-01-23 08:16:44

cody wrote at 2009-09-20 22:51:24
He hasn't lost his mind!!!!!!  I seen the same movie and have been looking for it myself.  That scene that replied with the AOL clip seems to be the same scene, just a bit different with different actors.

Guest11 wrote at 2013-03-05 13:07:08
Yes!  Billy Two Hats!  

Strange that Wikipedia and Yahoo did not come up with that quick.

It IS Billy Two Hats (1974) What type rifle is it?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQczXLHmYWQ

DNie wrote at 2013-03-05 19:22:44
Yes - i had the same 'frustration'. Looking for keywords in 2013 still does not work fully :-(

However - i found the film with the very memorable scene.

More explanation/plot is not necessary -  Like the drowning scene in Never Give An Inch.

Strange why all this is not properly on DVD globally!

Watch -  the actual scene starts at 7 minutes

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQczXLHmYWQ  

Dramatic Movies

Stephen Campbell