Drawing/Calligraphy/Cartooning/Drawing and Painting.

Dear Patti

Do you feel that a person Who is good in drawing will be always a good painter and vice versa?.

Thanks & regards
Prashant s akerkar

Hi Prashant.

I would think that a person who could draw well, could also paint well. Depending on the kind of paint used (watercolors, oils, acrylics, etc.) there could be some time needed to learn how to handle the medium.

I hope I've been a help!

Best of luck,

Please don't ask me about identifying artists of art you might own, or about appraising art you own! You need to have an art appraiser look at your art. I've worked professionally as an illustrator for over 25 years. I've illustrated numerous children's books, classroom games, textbook/workbooks, posters and educational materials. I've also designed extensively for silk screen production. My designs have been printed primarily for the children's retail market, in stores as diverse as Bloomingdales to Montgomery Ward. Publications my work has appeared in such noteworthy publications as Highlights for Children, Scholastic Magazine, and the New York Times. Publishers I have worked with include McGraw Hill, North Atlantic Books, Hachai Publishing and MacMillan UK to name a few

I'd be happy to answer questions regarding illustration, technique, materials, offer tips or questions about art in general.I will not answer questions about art appraisal. My only request is that you write me using standard English and punctuation.

BFA in Illustration