Drawing/Calligraphy/Cartooning/use of white

Question
I draw with colored pencils and would like to know how to bring the color white out in drawings.  I use a white pencil, but that often doesn't make the factor stand out enough.  How can you use white in colored pencil drawing? Thanks, Joel

Answer
Can't say I know how to make white stand out either.   Colored pencils, especially if applied thick, have a tendency to build up a thick waxy surface that after a white becomes hard to put another color on top of.   If you plan on using it fir highlights and such I suggest you plan out in advance where those highlights will appear and use a very light hand when applying color so that when it's time to use the white the paper will accept it.im hoping this makes sense.

Drawing/Calligraphy/Cartooning

Elgin Bolling