Drawing/Calligraphy/Cartooning/identifying and putting a value on my drawing/painting

Question
front shot of man
front shot of man  

the man looking inside
the man looking inside  
Hello Sequoia, thank you for your time. I came across this series of drawings several years ago and quite literally forgot about it until recently rediscovering it amongst my clutter. I was always fascinated by the detail and subject matter and thought at the time I purchased it that it was used by surgeons before the coming of the xray for surgery. I would appreciate your thoughts on it's origin and it's value in todays market. The pieces all sit on top of each other and are painted front and back with everyone of the bodies human organs, it's really a remarkable piece of art. Thank you again Sequoia for your time.

John

Answer
gibson style 1920\'s ?
gibson style 1920's ?  

head studies loomis
head studies loomis  
Hi John,
Thank you for your question, Unfortunately I can not help you albeit I recognize the era of these
wonderful works, They would be consistant with the 1920's to 50's time.

This piece of work would probably, in my mind be more consistant in the late 20's or 30's. due to the style of the head on the man.

I feel for this is the time where hand painting and drawings of ads and flyers were
promenant, and this is the typical style that one would find in this time frame.  

This work I can not help but be brought to mind of an artist that I studied from who's work is still used
but not religiously....his name is Andrew Loomis...

I went on line and typed in Anatomy drawings in the late 20's 30's and 40's and basicly all I got were vinage anatomy posters for people to buy and unfortunately there were no names on these works.

I feel too that the artist or artists that did this probably could have been a 'stable' of different artists, like it was
in pottery or other work's of art that was 'mass produced. It is rare to have a name of the artist on
anatomy drawings.  

So, unfortunately I can not help you on this I wish I could have been more of a help.

Sincerely,
Sequoia Cougar

Drawing/Calligraphy/Cartooning

Sequoia Cougar