Drawing/Calligraphy/Cartooning/Are there any famous people who work in animation or comics, either as artists or writers, who are "late bloomers"

Question
I am very curious. I tried posting this question on Yahoo! Answers but as of the time of my posting this question to you, no one has responded yet, so I am hoping you can help. Are there any people who work in animation or comics who didn't get started in animation or comics right after they finished college or while they were in college or even earlier- they didn't get started in comics or animation until later on in life? If so, who are these people? Please help- thank you.

Answer
Wally wood
Wally wood  

page from superduperman
page from superduperma  
Howdy Jason,

What an interesting question...and one that I am not sure I can answer very well, but I am SURE that there
have been famous cartoonists and comic book artists that have been late bloomers.

The best thing you can do is get on line and google "Comic book and animator artists" and find out their names
then google their bio's...

You can also write to them individually, and hopefully they will answer you.

I am of the 'old school' artists so to speak...Berni Wrightson, Frank Frazetta, Wally Wood who is the artist of Superduper man and my absolute favorite artist..unfortunately he has died.

Mad magazine has artists that are to 'die' for their work is absolutely astounding.

I know when I was heavily into comics I really liked Spawn with Tod McFarland.'

But your best bet is to google Dell comics and artists that drew for them, or Marvel comics..or DIsney, or write to Pixar, or even Hanna Barber...There are many ways you can check artists out.  

I hope that I've given you some help so to speak, but thankfully Google is your best bet to find out more answers. Also check in with the schools that are around.  The Joe Kubert school in New Jersey  is a HUGE school that has taught many wonderful artists that have gone on to fame and fortune...and I KNOW they can help you.. I will email you the link.

So the best to you on your endeavors in finding out these artists.http://www.kubertschool.edu/

Drawing/Calligraphy/Cartooning

Sequoia Cougar