Dream Interpretation/almost raped

So I had this  dream where I heard someone at my door and when I went to check it was this strange man  there. Now the way my front door is in real life it has like bars on it so I know no-one could get in the door this way but, when I came to the door in my dream he had his body in that part of the door from the waist up. I asked what he wanted and he said "I smelled the candle you were burning, I wanted to know where you got it from." I don't remember answering his question but, I asked him not to lean inside the door like that. So he left I walked out the door behind him that lead to this  where I saw my fiancee seating, as I start to stand on my tip toes to call and let him know what happened I notice that the man never left he was watching me, and when we met eyes he ran toward me and picked me up by the neck. During this I could see my fiancee and all a sudden the man was gone and I was showing my fiancee where the man was standing in the door. What does this mean?

Hi Ashley,

I saw your dream in the question pool and thought I'd briefly answer it.  

Dreams about someone trying to break into your house are often about trying to protect yourself from intrusions into your private thoughts and inner most feelings.  I think the key to this dream is that the man "smelled the candle you were burning and wanted to know where you got it from". My immediate thoughts here are that you might be "burning a candle" so to speak, for some past love.  Maybe you are worried that your fiance might sense this and want to know who this candle is burning for?  

In the dream, you wanted to tell your fiance what happened, so maybe you do want to talk to your fiance about it in real life, but in the dream, you realised the man was still there so obviously you have apprehensions about raising the subject.

If there was a past love in your life, it might be that this relationship did not end in a satisfactory way and you still have unanswered questions about it.  Before talking to your boyfriend about it, it might be a good idea to go by yourself and see a good relationship counsellor.  An experienced relationship counsellor might be able to help you resolve or just come to terms with any unfinished business you might have.

As this was in the question pool, I have given an overall interpretation so feel free to ask a follow-up question if you want me to focus on something specific in your dream.  I would be only too happy to help.

Take care.

Dream Interpretation

Hello and thank you for checking out my profile!

If I am 'UNAVAILABLE' or 'MAXED OUT', you can catch me at my Dream Meanings Shop.

Also see my articles on:

Dreams About Death

I view each dream as a metaphor for what you are experiencing in your life. My goal is to guide you into discovering the meaning of your own dreams by explaining the logic behind dream symbols, posing some guiding questions for you to think about, and presenting some possible scenarios as to what your dream could relate to. I believe that dreams reflect our true thoughts and feelings about our life and can therefore help to clarify where we should direct our life in the future.

PS. I am desperate for reviews on my Dream Meanings Shop at the moment so if you can spare even just $1 to buy an interpretation and give me a review, I would be overjoyed!!!

I have always had an interest in dreams. Over the past few years, I have helped hundreds of people by interpreting their dreams in online dream interpretation forums and here on allexperts. Allexperts is by far my favourite site to interpret dreams on because I get so much amazing feedback here and people are genuinely appreciative and encouraging of what I do!! If I ever need a little "pick me up" all I need to do is read my feedback page!!! And just to add, The Allexperts team ALWAYS answer all my emails straight away. I cannot speak highly enough of the Allexperts team!!

I have a bachelor of arts degree majoring in sociology and Aboriginal studies. I have also completed 12 month units in religious studies and psychology, as well as a number of post graduate units in epidemiology.

My educational background has given me insight and knowledge about different cultural beliefs and the way people behave and live together. The things we dream and the meaning of the symbols within are not solely a creation of our own minds, but are influenced by our history, our cultural beliefs, and the beliefs and behaviour of those around us.

Above all, I have learned most through hands-on practical experience and through seeking valuable feedback from the people for whom I have interpreted dreams.