Dream Interpretation/shot; death

i had a dream recently where i was shot in the back and fell to the ground and i could feel numb...  i knew i was dying and i could feel myself dying..my last thought was im scared to die...then i died and i woke up from my dream.

Hi Anna,

Just saw your dream in the question pool and thought I'd answer it.

Dreams about death and dying are often to do with something in your life coming to an end.  For example, the end could be the end of a relationship, ending a career or leaving a job (and perhaps starting a new one), moving house, anything like that.  These dreams can also be about more intangible things like the end of a certain way of thinking, the end of some personal belief you've had, etc, etc.  Death dreams often come when you are in some kind of transition in life.

In your dream, you were shot in the back, so maybe there was some kind of betrayal on your life perhaps?  Whatever this ending/change in your life is, it has taken you somewhat by surprise.  You were also scared to die, so the change is probably something you do not welcome and you may have some fears for your future.  The numbness you felt could relate to a feeling of disbelief or generally just feeling emotionally numb. Death dreams are not always bad at all because without endings there can never be new beginnings.

Hope this was helpful in some small way.  Please feel free to send a follow-up question or comment.  I am more than happy to help futher if needed.  Take care of yourself.

Dream Interpretation

Hello and thank you for checking out my profile!

If I am 'UNAVAILABLE' or 'MAXED OUT', you can catch me at my Dream Meanings Shop.

Also see my articles on:

Dreams About Death

I view each dream as a metaphor for what you are experiencing in your life. My goal is to guide you into discovering the meaning of your own dreams by explaining the logic behind dream symbols, posing some guiding questions for you to think about, and presenting some possible scenarios as to what your dream could relate to. I believe that dreams reflect our true thoughts and feelings about our life and can therefore help to clarify where we should direct our life in the future.

PS. I am desperate for reviews on my Dream Meanings Shop at the moment so if you can spare even just $1 to buy an interpretation and give me a review, I would be overjoyed!!!

I have always had an interest in dreams. Over the past few years, I have helped hundreds of people by interpreting their dreams in online dream interpretation forums and here on allexperts. Allexperts is by far my favourite site to interpret dreams on because I get so much amazing feedback here and people are genuinely appreciative and encouraging of what I do!! If I ever need a little "pick me up" all I need to do is read my feedback page!!! And just to add, The Allexperts team ALWAYS answer all my emails straight away. I cannot speak highly enough of the Allexperts team!!

I have a bachelor of arts degree majoring in sociology and Aboriginal studies. I have also completed 12 month units in religious studies and psychology, as well as a number of post graduate units in epidemiology.

My educational background has given me insight and knowledge about different cultural beliefs and the way people behave and live together. The things we dream and the meaning of the symbols within are not solely a creation of our own minds, but are influenced by our history, our cultural beliefs, and the beliefs and behaviour of those around us.

Above all, I have learned most through hands-on practical experience and through seeking valuable feedback from the people for whom I have interpreted dreams.