Dream Interpretation/Recurring theme of being unable to get out of a bad situation

I often have dreams which have a common theme of putting myself in a bad situation and being unable to properly get out of it.

For example, committing a crime and instead of being able to think clearly and come up with a good solution to the problem, I do something stupid like run or try and hide in some ridiculous way. The details of the dream keep changing, but the theme is the same. I am never able to fully get out of my situation, and have to resort to "cheating" (I'm a fan of video games, apparently it turns up in my dream too).

I recently got a new job that I'm okay with, am in a stable relationship, and have an average relationship with my parents. These dreams have been recurring for the last few years. Can you help me understand what this theme means?

Thank you,

Hey Kim!  I'm sure we can figure out what your dreams are about.  It would really help though if you can describe one of your dreams - maybe your most recent dream - in more detail.  Often, there are lots of clues in dreams which might seem insignificant, but they can really help pin down what the dream is all about.

The way you described the theme of your dreams - eg: putting yourself in a bad situation and being unable to get out of it - is probably a really spot on description of what is going on in your life.  I am guessing though, that you probably can't really think of any such situation, otherwise you wouldn't be asking for help.  Would that be right?

In general, committing a crime in a dream might be something to do with a moral issue you are facing (depending on what the crime is of course.  If you could describe a crime in more detail this would help.)  Running or hiding in a dream usually refers to avoiding something.  In fact, this might explain why you can't think of anything that the dreams might be about because you might be really good at putting certain naging thoughts out of your head!  Cheating in a dream might refer to cheating yourself or kidding yourself along in some way.  It could refer to cheating on others (not "cheating" cheating necessarily, but not being totally honest about your feelings perhaps.)

Does this make any sense to you at all?  If not, send me something in more detail as a follow-up question and we can go from there.  Any other comments would be most appreciated also.

In the meantime, take it easy.

Dream Interpretation

Hello and thank you for checking out my profile!

If I am 'UNAVAILABLE' or 'MAXED OUT', you can catch me at my Dream Meanings Shop.

Also see my articles on:

Dreams About Death

I view each dream as a metaphor for what you are experiencing in your life. My goal is to guide you into discovering the meaning of your own dreams by explaining the logic behind dream symbols, posing some guiding questions for you to think about, and presenting some possible scenarios as to what your dream could relate to. I believe that dreams reflect our true thoughts and feelings about our life and can therefore help to clarify where we should direct our life in the future.

PS. I am desperate for reviews on my Dream Meanings Shop at the moment so if you can spare even just $1 to buy an interpretation and give me a review, I would be overjoyed!!!

I have always had an interest in dreams. Over the past few years, I have helped hundreds of people by interpreting their dreams in online dream interpretation forums and here on allexperts. Allexperts is by far my favourite site to interpret dreams on because I get so much amazing feedback here and people are genuinely appreciative and encouraging of what I do!! If I ever need a little "pick me up" all I need to do is read my feedback page!!! And just to add, The Allexperts team ALWAYS answer all my emails straight away. I cannot speak highly enough of the Allexperts team!!

I have a bachelor of arts degree majoring in sociology and Aboriginal studies. I have also completed 12 month units in religious studies and psychology, as well as a number of post graduate units in epidemiology.

My educational background has given me insight and knowledge about different cultural beliefs and the way people behave and live together. The things we dream and the meaning of the symbols within are not solely a creation of our own minds, but are influenced by our history, our cultural beliefs, and the beliefs and behaviour of those around us.

Above all, I have learned most through hands-on practical experience and through seeking valuable feedback from the people for whom I have interpreted dreams.