Dream Interpretation/Dream

Question
I had a dream about a dead python in my garden and I know dreaming of snakes have several meanings, but this is certainly the first time I have ever dreamt of a dead python in particular. I would love to know what it means please could you help.

Answer
Hi Kirsten,  

Was there any other details of the dream that you can remember?  Often it helps to post a dream in it's entirety because there are other things in the dream that help with symbolism and meaning.  Often, the meaning of dream symbols are very individual things, but when you can see them in the context of the whole dream, it can be easier to figure out what that symbol means in that individual's case.  Snakes are one of those things, as you mentioned, that can have many different meanings, depending on the dreamer!

In a general sense though, snakes can symbolise fear or something to be feared, or an aversion to something.  If you have a Judeo-Christian background of some sort, they can also represent deception.  It depends much on your cultural background though, so if there is any special meaning of snakes in your particular culture, it would have something to do with this.

In your dream, the snake was a boa constrictor.  These snakes kill their prey by strangling them to death.  I wonder if there is (or was)  something in your life which makes (or made) you feel constricted, trapped or smothered?  If you have felt very restricted in the things you could do in your day to day life, then I would think that this would be what the dream is about.  For instance, if you were in a very controlling relationship, or had a very controlling boss or other controlling figure in your life, or if you were under huge financial pressure, this could trigger a dream about a boa constrictor.

The good thing is that the snake was dead, so this would suggest to me that any kind of constricting situation has now ended or is about to come to an end.  The fact that the snake was in a garden is also really nice because it can point to some personal growth for you.  Perhaps there is a brighter future coming for you which will give you more freedom to grow???

Well those were my main impressions of your dream, but of course, if there were further details, these might give a different meaning, so feel free to post a follow-up question or comment.  I would be only too pleased to help further if needed.  

Dream Interpretation

Chook