Dream Interpretation/MY MOTHER

Question
I had a dream about my mother not being my mother. I forgot how I got to that conclusion. but at first someone said my real mother left, then she died of cancer. then I was there in the dream as my real mother (you know like it happens in movies, you're in the present then you go to the past, I went to mother's past but I was here) running away from someone that's trying to kill me. I was running around the house (the same house we live in now) and he kept finding me then I woke up. my heart was pounding I was so scared.
somewhere in the dream I talked to my mother, who's supposed to be my step mother. she said she didn't tell me because she didn't want me to hate her, she did everything she could, and I saw her as an old sick woman who has cancer I think, and I hugged her and begged her not to leave me.
throughout my talk with my step-mother (real mother in real life) I was thinking about how come does my sisters look a lot like her and I felt it didn't make any sense

Answer
This was a confusing dream.  From what I sense of this dream and the way you are writing there seems to sensations of doubt and insecurities:
If you have been thinking about your own mother then obviously the dream could be about that changing relationship. Do you feel something has changed between the relationship? Cancer maybe symbolic of some fundamental flaw or problem.  cancer in a dream it could be linked to some deep thinking about relationships so this confirms that whatever message is here has to do with "family" relationship.  Do you feel left out - was there an argument - are there any changes that are bothering you?  At the same time you are also the figure of your mother - so most likely this is a sign that the same situation or feeling you are going thru she is going thru or has gone thru.  
House is your soul - and you running around is trying to find your path or place in life. Whatever "family" situation you are going thru you do not want to be in bad terms and you still want her around so this signifies wanting attention or wanting someone to talk to.
This dreams seems to also reflect how you feel you are different from your other sisters...having a conversation with your mother denotes a matter that has preoccupied your mind and you are not sure how to deal with it in your waking life. It indicates unresolved problems that need to be worked out with your mother. You feel you are wasting your life away. This dream also represents areas in your life which are bothering you, disturbing you, and hurting you in some emotional way.  
So though the dream you ask about I had to look at a couple of times to make sense of it.  It seems to be issues of doubt...uncertainty....needing comfort....something that is bothering you...feeling different or insecurities. You seeing your mom as old sick woman who has cancer is your insecurities or fears of being without her.
Just as the part of you running away from someone who is trying to kill you - the same message is shown there an issue that you are trying to avoid. You are not taking or accepting responsibility for your actions. In particular, if you are running from an attacker or any danger, then it suggests that you are not facing and confronting your fears. that an essential aspect of your emotions have been cut off. You feel that you are losing your identity and your individuality. I do not know your situation in real life but as per the signs of your dreams this is the conclusion that comes out as a dream interpretation.
Hope this helps.
Blessings!  

Dream Interpretation

Eclipse AKA Devilvamp