Dream Interpretation/being killed

Question
This is actually a dream my sister had and was wanting to know if there was any meaning to it. She had a dream that our younger sister had come to me asking for money for drugs, and i told her no, she had asked me over and over and i kept telling her no. she tells her boyfriend i wouldn't let her borrow the money and again comes to me and ask and i again said no, and her boyfriend pops up and shoots me. During my funeral she shows up, and my sister says that she was very anger in with my little sister and couldn't believe she showed up to the funeral after her boyfriend was the one who killed me. She said she then woke up from the dream in a very angry mood.

thank you for your help

Answer
Hi Tina,

Does your younger sister have a drug problem?  If so, then this is going to be what the dream is about.  If not, then the drug issue and asking for money might be symbolic of something that is altering your younger sister's frame of mind and also, something that she is seeking endorsement and support for from you or your other sister.

Obviously, because your other sister had the dream, and because you kept saying no to your younger sister [in the dream] when she asked for money, then whatever your younger sister is doing, whether it be drugs or something else, it is not something that you or your other sister approve of.

Because it was your younger sister's boyfriend who shot you in the dream, I wonder whether your other sister blames your sister's boyfriend for ruining you and your other sister's relationship with your younger sister?  Often when people die in dreams, it means that something in the dreamer's life has come to an end.

Another thing that might be relevant, sometimes when people appear in dreams, they don't necessarily represent those people in real life, but they might represent a personality trait or a way of being.  If, for instance, you are a very caring person in real life, then your sister dreaming of you being shot might symbolise that the caring side of your sister had been damaged in some way due to what is going on with your younger sister.  If your dreaming sister sees you has having a great sense of humour, then it might be about your other sister having no sense of humour and no ability to laugh anymore.  Similarly, your younger sister in the dream might not have anything to do with your younger sister in real life, but it might be about some aspect of your other sister's life where she feels controlled or confused or unable to think straight.

Well those are a few ideas on what the dream is about.  In general, if something has damaged you or your sister's relationship with your younger sister, then this is what the dream is all about.  I suspect that this boyfriend of hers is someone that neither you or your sister approve of.  

Did any of that make sense at all?  If not, let me know and we can investigate another angle.  Was there anything else you wanted me to focus on?  Any comments, questions or feedback would be most appreciated.

Dream Interpretation

Chook