Dream Interpretation/Killing a random person

Question
The dream starts off with me standing over a man, a young man that I do not know, in my yard, where we used to burn our excess wood. He seems to be unconscious. I am as calm as can be when I pick up an ax and chop his head off. I feel relieved. I then go into my house and I tell my mom what has happened. She is disappointed but not angry. She allows me to "finish the job." So I bring in the body and lay it on my kitchen table and begin to cut the body into pieces. Out of no where my Grandpa shows up and I rush to take the body into the bathroom, the one that only the people living there use. I am feeling panicked now, I don't want my Grandpa to find me. I finish cutting the body up and put the parts in Target bags (I work for Target.) Then I wake up. Panicked still.

Sarah 05/19/1993

Answer
Hello Sarah
You have a cautious, careful, realistic attitude toward life and are highly responsible and disciplined with regard to your obligations and duties. You tend to work and struggle more than you need to, and to take yourself too seriously.  Feelings of personal inadequacy, inhibitions, and self-doubt may often plague you. The condition of the yard is symbolic of how well you maintain and balance aspects of your life. The yard represents your childhood memories or your subconscious. Alternatively, dreaming of your backyard refers to the secrets you may be keeping. There are some aspects of your life which you want to keep hidden and out of the view of others. And it seems specifically from Grandpa it seems he stands out as the person that you do not want seeing what you are doing.  The young man can represent your very own aggressions - assertions or competiveness....the ax is destruction, hostility, and the frustrations that you are experiencing - ax suggests that you need to divide your problems into smaller, more manageable sizes. Break down your problems into pieces you can handle (are you having problems with anyone that is frustrating you???)You chopping the young man's head is once again cutting those problems to small ones...so so far the dream reflects on something you are angry about or an issue you are having that needs to be cut down to size....cutting him into pieces may go into a situation of a relationship....a broken relationship or a severed one...When grandparents come into the picture it represents love - and protection..bathroom represents needing to release...You need to cleanse yourself, both emotionally and psychologically.  Does this situation involve anyone at your job....whatever the situation you have - it seems you are keeping it within you and if that is not the case the dream seems to be reflecting on an issue that has angered or frustrated you and you need to release this emotion of aggression.  Your Grandpa in your dream is showing you that there is love and protection for you....that you are in a panic indicates a lack of control and power in your life. You are feeling helpless in some situation or unable to make a clear decision. You need to Calm down - and make those problems into small issues.
Hope this helps

Dream Interpretation

Eclipse AKA Devilvamp