Dream Interpretation/Lucid nightmare to paralysis

I'm not sure how long this site has been up, but I wish I would have known about it years ago. This shouldn't be too hard because this dream was so vivid, it will haunt me forever. I've actually had two different dream of this type, but I will only explain one since both have similar outcomes. To explain this dream I don't even start out dreaming, instead I am dreaming of waking up. I wake up and see the time is 3:05 am and I have an envy to use the restroom. I roll out of bed and try to flick on my light, but it won't turn on. So I open the door and take two steps out before something *Growl/crash* startles me and I am forced into the restroom where the lights won't turn on either. As the door is forced open by the beast I wake up. The dream changes slightly as I feel sweaty and it feels as if everything is normal. Look at the clock, it's 3:05 am but my light is on. I then walk to my door take two steps out, same growl/crash, same chase, same outcome, wake up. It's 3:05 am, and my dream self is scared (aware I am dreaming.) The light is off, I go to my door, but I stop and don't open the door (controlling the dream) but the Growl comes, and this time, it's beating down the bedroom door. I wake up into another dream, still refusing to cooperate with the dream, but still, the same out come, only this time the beast jumps on top of me. When that happens, I really wake up but unable to move, unable to breath, and unable to speak or yell for help for several minutes. I know you don't interpret dreams, and I would really like to have a meaning for this, but medically, should I become concerned? Could I die from a Nightmare?

No, you can not die from having a nightmare. While having the nightmare and when waking up from the nightmare, it may seem like your life is in danger or that you are near death, this is only because your dream is so vivid, it feels real. You have nothing to fear. You probably already know this, but light switches usually don't work in dreams, so that explains why the lights didn't turn on. You also experienced several false awakenings. this occurs when you wake up, usually in your bedroom and everything appears to be normal, but you are still in a dream. This can happen over and over before you wake up. When you finally woke up for real you were paralyzed because you experienced a common sleeping disorder called sleep paralysis. During sleep paralysis, you are unable to move because your body is still paralyzed. While you are experiencing sleep paralysis, you can't talk or scream for help, can't move, may since an evil presence in room, and have several vivid hallucinations. Their are medications that you can take to treat sleep paralysis, but don't really recommend it unless its happening all the time.  

Dream Interpretation

I am not a dream Interpreter, I specialize in lucid dreams. With this being said please don't ask me any questions about what your dreams mean. All dream interpretation questions will be rejected. Lucid dreams are when you realize that you are in a dream. Once you realize that you are dreaming, you can control and manipulate your dreams. I can answer questions regarding lucid dreaming, false awakening, paralysis sleep, and reality testing. I cannot answer questions regarding out of body experience.

When I was a little kid I would have 1-2 lucid dreams a year that I could control. As I got older I would have about 3-5 lucid dreams every year, but now I am averaging about 4-5 lucid dreams every month.

High School Graduate Harper College (ongoing)