Dream Interpretation/Panic because of final exam?

Question
Hi. So, in this week, I'll have to take final exams, and I've had a dream about them. I was sitting at the table, with two of my kinda idiot classmates, and we've just got the exam paper. I looked through it, and there was 14 exercises, but not in orded. It was a complete mess, I couldn't understand a thing. The first exercises was some kind of a game, there was some letters, and I had to make words from them - kinda childish, huh? But there were a give example, and it was "Alexandra". There's a chick in my class, called Alexandra, so guess that means my brain want's something from her, I don't know. Anyway, I was thinking about the questions, but I had no idea what to write, and I also screwed up writing down my name, and date.

Answer
Hi Tommy,

I'm sorry I haven't answered your post earlier given you had exams this week.  I hope they went ok.  Dreams like yours are really really common before an exam so don't worry too much.  The nature of these types of dreams can show you what you have difficulty with in general though.  For example, if you had've had a dream where you were late for your exam, then it might be saying that you need to be more organised and manage your time better.  

In your dream though, you were really worried about not understanding anything and everything being out of order.  This might be saying that you have trouble ordering your thoughts or breaking tasks down into smaller chunks.  

The girl in your class Alexandra might have some trait or approach to life which would help you so you are right about that.  How would you describe her?  How is her approach to problems and studying different from your own?  Is there some way you could follow her example when it comes to solving problems or studying?

Is there some way you can prepare for tests by writing down the sequence of things you need to do to solve the problems?  For example, if its a maths test, you could first determine what kind of maths it is, (eg geometry, statistics, algebra, etc) then write the problem down as an equation, and then solve the problem?  Approaching each question one step at a time will really help.  Breaking tasks down into smaller steps will make things less daunting.  Try not to jump ahead and cut corners.  Refer to your notes just before you go into the test to make sure it is fresh in your mind, and give yourself a certain amount of time to answer each question, leaving enough time at the end to go back over your work. this way, there is no need to rush through amd panic.   If one question is too difficult, skip it strainght away and go on to the next question rather than waste any time on it.

Yes this is all common sense, but approaching any life issue in this way will really help you.  Last but not least be prepared so you know in yourself that you have done the best you possibly could have done.  Take a deep breathe and relax!

Hope it went well.  

Dream Interpretation

Chook