Dream Interpretation/My dream

I had a dream the other night that i couldn't really make any sense out of so i thought i would seek some expert help. I was driving in a car with my girlfriend when another car was driving right at us and just before it could hit me both cars stopped dead in there tracks and then both me and my girlfriend looked into the back seat of the car and there was my girlfriends recently deceased papa (her grandfather who passed away in march.) was sitting there smiling at us with a huge smile and glowing like a angel (white light surrounding him). that was the end of the dream. The only thing is that he didn't know that we were dating. please help

Hey Samantha,

What a beautiful dream!  I think both you and your girlfriend can take a lot of comfort from this. My personal belief is that people who have died can come into our dreams to give us a message or just provide comfort and support.  However, it is not always the case that when the deceased appear in our dreams it is actually their spirit ( sometimes it is simply our own mind's creation).  I am not that skilled that I can tell the difference between these two kinds of dreams but if I had to guess, this dream would seem like a positive message from your girlfriend's Papa.

In the dream, you and your girlfriend were driving in a car.  Dreams about driving are often about our journey through life or the direction we are taking in life.  As you were with your girlfriend, it is most likely to be about your relationship.  In your dream, you were about to have a head on collision with another car.  Any idea about the driver of the other car btw?  Having a head on collision can mean some major conflict in life.  Eg, both cars are travelling in opposite directions but neither is willing to get out of the way.  So a head on collision might represent two parties who are very set in their ways and neither is willing to compromise with the other.  The thing about your dream though, is that both cars stopped dead in their tracks before the collision occurred.  So perhaps this is saying that while you might be up against some opposition in your life, there appears to be enough respect on both sides that some mutual compromise or some mutual understanding will be reached.  

It is interesting that your girlfriend's recently deceased grandfather was in the back seat!  To me this is some kind of back seat driving reference.  It suggests that he (or his legacy) could be indirectly influencing the situation to help you and your girlfriend along your way.  The dream seems to be saying that everything will be ok.  You might be facing some conflict or obstacles at the moment but things seem to be looking up.

Hope this was of some help.  Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.  Always willing to help further if needed.

Take care.

Dream Interpretation

Hello and thank you for checking out my profile!

If I am 'UNAVAILABLE' or 'MAXED OUT', you can catch me at my Dream Meanings Shop.

Also see my articles on:

Dreams About Death

I view each dream as a metaphor for what you are experiencing in your life. My goal is to guide you into discovering the meaning of your own dreams by explaining the logic behind dream symbols, posing some guiding questions for you to think about, and presenting some possible scenarios as to what your dream could relate to. I believe that dreams reflect our true thoughts and feelings about our life and can therefore help to clarify where we should direct our life in the future.

PS. I am desperate for reviews on my Dream Meanings Shop at the moment so if you can spare even just $1 to buy an interpretation and give me a review, I would be overjoyed!!!

I have always had an interest in dreams. Over the past few years, I have helped hundreds of people by interpreting their dreams in online dream interpretation forums and here on allexperts. Allexperts is by far my favourite site to interpret dreams on because I get so much amazing feedback here and people are genuinely appreciative and encouraging of what I do!! If I ever need a little "pick me up" all I need to do is read my feedback page!!! And just to add, The Allexperts team ALWAYS answer all my emails straight away. I cannot speak highly enough of the Allexperts team!!

I have a bachelor of arts degree majoring in sociology and Aboriginal studies. I have also completed 12 month units in religious studies and psychology, as well as a number of post graduate units in epidemiology.

My educational background has given me insight and knowledge about different cultural beliefs and the way people behave and live together. The things we dream and the meaning of the symbols within are not solely a creation of our own minds, but are influenced by our history, our cultural beliefs, and the beliefs and behaviour of those around us.

Above all, I have learned most through hands-on practical experience and through seeking valuable feedback from the people for whom I have interpreted dreams.